Thread: Pants that fit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Gotta find the jeans that have some stretch to them. So much more comfortable when they are a little stretchy.
    The Public Rec pants are stretchy. Conform to your body. They are super comfortable. Most importantly you can sit in them without crushing the family jewels, lol. And they don’t cut into your abdomen when you’re sitting and give you a stomach ache. They are formal enough to wear into a restaurant.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    The Public Rec pants are stretchy. Conform to your body. They are super comfortable. Most importantly you can sit in them without crushing the family jewels, lol. And they don’t cut into your abdomen when you’re sitting and give you a stomach ache. They are formal enough to wear into a restaurant.
    How much do they cost? The ads make them seem pricy.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    How much do they cost? The ads make them seem pricy.
    A quick search shows about 110.00 which seems to be the going rate for anything quality made.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    A quick search shows about 110.00 which seems to be the going rate for anything quality made.
    $110 for new britches??? I'm way too cheap for that. I'll wear shorts into Nov. and then switch to firehose pants for 3 months. Much easier to find shorts that fit
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Our company provided uniforms(carhartt) are never consistent in size. 20 years ago they were always sized correctly. Not so much now. To big, to small, to short, to long. This is poor Quality control at its best.
    Carhartts are the worst and I totally agree. Used to be good quality stuff and now if you buy 4 pairs of pants in the same sizes, none of them will be the same.

I like Ariat jeans, just make sure not to get their “boot cut”. For whatever reason they think you need a 30” hole for jeans to go over boots and they look like JNCOs from the late 90s.

Old Navy stretch jeans are good too.

I wear a lot of chino type pants for work, and the Levis signature series on Amazon fit really well.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Another issue is that most rods are 7 foot three inches. If you are short they are hard to flip with. That’s why I cut my rod blanks down to fit me when I make a rod.

7. Member
    Check out Oakley
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

8. Member
    I used to be 28" waste and 32" inseam. Now I'm 34" waste and 28" inseam.
    Not sure what has changed. lol
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

9. Member
    36 waist 29 inseam.

I buy off the shelf at wally world for jeans and Amazon for my work blacks. After my third hernia surgery I had to wear suspenders because I couldnt button my pants without pain at the incision. Best thing I ever did at my age as I now own a few and wear them with everything. Built in custom fit no matter who the maker is. The tight pants dont have to be buttoned and I even use them on my sweats around the yard. They can sag all day long and I never have to give them the lift. After 45 every pair of pants I owned wore out at the spot where I had to pull them up constantly. Body shape changed with age and the 36 is closer to 38 most days while the 29 is closer to 28. Now I put them on and they stay put all day with the suspenders.

Its like going bald or needing glasses its better to give in then to pick a fight at 65. The age is going to determine what the result is so go with the flow.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 04-12-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Wife talked me into trying LL Bean jeans years ago. Double LL Relaxed fit model. Started out with 36 X 30. Those eventually shrunk. Then I needed 38 X 30. Those too shrunk. So she started buying me 40 X 30. Looked in the dresser today, as I put 2 brand new pair in. That gets me to 20 pair of 40 X 30.
    I've only had one pair in some 45 pair that the leg was a little short.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

11. Member
    The textile industry needs to be brought back to the U.S. especially when you are paying close to $100.for quality garments.
    Duluth has sales all the time, but only on certain items. Carhart is complete junk ! Most tags say where they are made, but anyone slap a label on and call it good.
    And all the hype about bamboo is just that! Made in Vietnam/China.

12. Member
    Been wearing the joggers from Costco for 12 to 20 bucks for awhile!

Cintas flex fit work pants
    Last edited by 1BADAIR; 04-13-2024 at 07:41 PM.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

14. Member
    I wear 32 x 30 and with a little looking I can find that size in jeans for Levi’s, Lucky and Eddie Baer. REI has stretchy pants that I can typically find in my size, too.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    If you’re a size 42 waist or less and like button pants try on some Kuhl Radikyl britches. I could live in them.
    The problem with Kuhl pants is that once you buy a pair, you'll want more. I have 2 pairs and love them- lightweight, very well made, with a great attention to detail. They market the Radikl pants as being as comfortable as sweatpants and it is pretty accurate. Because I love the pants so much I bought a pair of their cargo shorts and a sweater and they are my favorite clothing items. I tried on their parka and I'll be getting that next winter. Pricey clothes but I am at the point in my life where I don't buy much so if something makes me happy, I don't worry about the price (within reason).
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Gotta find the jeans that have some stretch to them. So much more comfortable when they are a little stretchy.
    The Jeans from Devil-Dog are precisely that. Comfortable denim with a good amount of stretch to them. Because they give so much, feel comfortable ordering on the small side. I often need a 33-34" inch waist but the 32" from Devil Dog feel like they were custom made for me. (Heck I can even get by with their "slim fits" lol) Extremely durable as well.
    Plus they are actually made right here in the good ol USA!

https://devil-dog.com/collections/relaxed-straight
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    The Jeans from Devil-Dog are precisely that. Comfortable denim with a good amount of stretch to them. Because they give so much, feel comfortable ordering on the small side. I often need a 33-34" inch waist but the 32" from Devil Dog feel like they were custom made for me. (Heck I can even get by with their "slim fits" lol) Extremely durable as well.
    Plus they are actually made right here in the good ol USA!

https://devil-dog.com/collections/relaxed-straight
    I don't see a 36" inseam listed. That's discrimination, isn't it? I've tried identifying as short but so far all that's gotten me is looking like a dork in high-waters.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I agree, Its hard to find pants where the waist is double the inseam. Also a side note anyone know why my boat only goes 62mph? Maybe this is not the right thread for this question.
    Rad Brewer

19. Member
    28” inseam here…I’ve found the following sellers cater to my short inseam: Everlane for jeans, Lululemon for business casual, Columbia for rain/hiking pants and Dickies Scrubs (on Amazon) for joggers.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Carhartts are the worst and I totally agree. Used to be good quality stuff and now if you buy 4 pairs of pants in the same sizes, none of them will be the same.

I like Ariat jeans, just make sure not to get their “boot cut”. For whatever reason they think you need a 30” hole for jeans to go over boots and they look like JNCOs from the late 90s.

Old Navy stretch jeans are good too.
    Agreed on carhartt. We have to wear company approved FR clothing and carhartt is one of our main suppliers, and the sizing is very inconsistent. They also vanity size the heck out of it, if you are a 36 a 34 carhartt is usually plenty big. Same with L / XL.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast