TRICK STEP ADDITION INFO

I am looking at the Trick Step addition in my 2014 Ranger Z520C.

Will I need to get the step set up that has the optional bottom step removable?

I have very little room to spare with the trailer tongue folded back.

Appreciate information and recommendation for those who have the same rig as mine.

2. Member
    If I’m understanding your concern correctly, the Trick Step will be mounted on the side opposite to where your tongue swings, so there won’t be a conflict. The reason that some people go with the option to remove the bottom step is because their tow vehicle’s bumper might contact the step in the hardest possible right turn. I’ve been fortunate, as the majority are, that my Trick Step does not contact the tow vehicle even in the right-jackknife position. I learned that I was safe from this misfortune while watching co-anglers turn as sharply as humanly possible to the right while I was cringing. [Whew!]

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. You are correct as to which side of the trailer the steps will be installed.

Main question is how far the steps extend behind where the trailer tongue pin is.

I will have very little room to close my garage door and asking if steps will interfere .

4. Member
    From the outmost corner of the bottom step to the outmost edge of the trailer when tongue is swung over, the Trick Step sticks out an additional 7 inches.

5. Member
    Read this thread: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...191&highlight=

The RBS mod solves your problem perfectly.
    Last edited by jpt7779; 04-13-2024 at 06:54 AM.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

6. Member
    Awesome, thank you sir.

I just installed Boat EFX steps on my Nitro. I simply move the trailer tongue swing to the left side. Easy job.

I put my tailgate down back up to the right as far as I ever would to back into the driveway or a ramp and I was still a foot away from hitting anything.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.