A few newbie Ranger Questions

I have a 520L 2021. What guage wire is being used connect most of the electronics/devices on the bow and console?

Next, my jackplate trim gauge stopped working and is not showing the height on the console gauge. It currently shows 00. I heard there is a simple fix. What do i have to do to get is working?

2. Member
    I ran 8 gage wire from the battery to a 30a fuse buss then to a perko then to 1ea blue seas dc fuse box for clean power using lithiums, the jackplate if atlas clean the reader in back inside jackplate if not working still you'll need to adjust it closer to the reader it's not hard you can't mess it up just follow the small grey wire to reader it's 2 pieces.

3. Member
    Yep, the jackplate trim sender is a magnet setup. If the two pieces don’t come together to make a connection, no reading.

4. Member
    my atlas guage stopped working and the arm had loose screws and it moved out of position. check the sensor arm on the plate itself. needs to ride straight up and down over the sensor
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-12-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    If you ride/drive in enough rough water, *everything* moveable on a jack plate will eventually move and need to be tightened.

6. Member
    Thanks fellas! I;ll check out the sensor alignment.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    I ran 8 gage wire from the battery to a 30a fuse buss then to a perko then to 1ea blue seas dc fuse box for clean power using lithiums, the jackplate if atlas clean the reader in back inside jackplate if not working still you'll need to adjust it closer to the reader it's not hard you can't mess it up just follow the small grey wire to reader it's 2 pieces.
    How difficult is running 8G wire in the Ranger. would love to see a simple wiring diagram to see how you accomplished your install. Did you use the SeaClear harness and components?

8. Member
    I ran a Sonar Pro's harness from its own lithium in the rear. I had to take the seats and side plastics off to run it cleanly through the existing wires and harnesses that ran to the console. It took me a day to take apart, run the wiring harness and hook up 4 graphs and live scope.
    2017 Ranger Z520C
    250 Evinrude ETec With Marks HP Prop
    4 Garmins 7610 xsv with Live Scope
    10 foot Power Poles
    Dobyns Rods