22 zx 150 fell on its nose!

While at fork 2 weeks ago, my friends zx 150
    Just fell on its nose going across the lake. X 3
    Motor has about 35 hours on it.
    It had 1/2 a tank of gas which was filled to confirm, the gauge is accurate. 19 Gallons filled it.
    A call went into service Mgr, he said check water separator. The wind got up and we didn't travel far the last day, so it wasn't really tested. The fuel had stabilizer in it during storage, 4 ,months. Since the boat would start back up and run about half a mile and then stall again, I didn't think it would be water. More like a vapor lock? There is not any visible signs of water in gas filter or loose connections. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? And yes it is under warranty, were just wanting to try a few things if it happens again. Trying to be mechanic friendly..

2. Member
    Open fuel tank cap for a couple of minutes re vapor lock, run again.
    What motor?
    What battery is in it?

You might get better answers in the Yanaha forum as it sounds more motor related than boat related.

4. Member
    It's a 150 sho, Interstate battery group 28. Not the best, but not the worst.

5. Member
    I would check the plugs for fouling, water separator filter (if installed). I don't think it is a battery issue given what is installed. The Yamaha SHO will do what is described sometimes when voltage is too high.

6. Member
    Thanks

7. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    If using stabil or seafoam on the 150 sho it will foul the plugs. Also could be the vst pump is going out or needs to be cleaned.