Caracal STS/Merc monitor Fuel Tank Insall

Evening,

New BassCat owner here. Got a Caracal STS - Absolutely amazing ride so far with about 4 hours on boat so far. Been running Ranger's since 2003 and just amazing with how this new boat handles while getting the wide front deck I'm used to.

I'm trying to figure out the fuel tank setup with my Mercmonitor. This was factory installed and didn't include an analog fuel gauge. I read through the merc manual and seemed to install the port tank correctly. As I burn fuel the monitor goes down. I setup with 26 gallons on port side and it now reads 13. I used the default install method.

I did the same procedure ( 26 gallons/default method) on the merc monitor to setup tank #2 for the starboard side but it just reads 0. I started with a full tank and the starboard side and used about half and it's still at 0. I opened up the rear compartment to confirm I was actually burning fuel on that side... It's now down to half a tank but the monitor reads zero still.

I'm sure I missed something on the setup. Does the basscat fuel selector on console come into play in this type of setup? I'd think it only does with an analog gauge but could be wrong. I played around with that button but it didn't seem to do anything. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Josh

I think tank 2 does not recognize fuel, pretty sure it's water or oil. I would post this in the mercury fourstroke forum, you'll get an answer there.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=203
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

We do not use Tank 2 on Bass Cat models. You also should set everything in percentages on some models.

4. Member
    Thanks. So delete the tank 2 and set tank 1 to 52 gallons to cover both tanks vs the 26 I had previously? The Basscat fuel selector doesn’t work with this setup correct ?

No, you need them set to 26 gallons, or the percentage as they come standard. The valve on the splashwell controls tank selection, while the dash switch controls gauges.

6. Member
    That worked. Thank you very much!