New Champion Trailer Options (questions)

I’m working with C&O Marine on getting a new trailer for my 198 Elite.

I think it’s given that I’m upgrading to a C channel frame, upgraded jack and winch, 2nd axle brakes and stainless fenders. Additional options available include a torsion tandem axle and shocks. I’ve never had either of those since my original Champion Trailer back in 2004 was pretty basic. Thoughts on these? —- Pros / Cons - worth the added $$$$

Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by R1Peacock; 04-02-2024 at 10:03 PM.
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

2. Member
    PM sent.

3. Member
    I saw a brand new 206 C-channel today for +/- 7 G. Dealership too.
    looks as though EZ Loader makes them. Here’s the link I saw, https://www.facebook.com/groups/5432...0035027849109/
    Last edited by Batfish; 04-05-2024 at 04:38 AM.

4. Member
    Think of the difference between spring and torsion axles being the difference between a comfortable but floaty riding car and a sports car tight but sometimes harsh ride. The torsion axle will give you a better tow on good smooth roads, but it will be more punishing and harsh on bad roads. The Springs are much softer and will float a little and can get bouncy on bad rods but it's less harsh on those bad roads. A great compromise is Springs with shocks, get the softer ride of springs but the shocks will keep it from getting to bouncy.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I agree with trashmanssd. Springs, no shocks. I also don't see the need in brakes on both axles. My 210 just has brakes on one axle and it is plenty and the 210 is a lot bigger/heavier boat. Just my 2¢