Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does your state have these regulations?

https://mymlsa.org/government-and-le...boater-safety/

In light of so many incidents do you think they should drop it to 40mph and make this the national outline?
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

2. Member
    I sure hope not.

3. Member
    More government regulation. Yeah, that solves everything

4. Member
    Nope, take accountability for personal choices.

Seems like so many look for the government (like politicians never make a poor choice ) to solve their problems. We enjoy freedom of choice but not one of us is free from the decisions of those choices no matter how much regulation gets shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    https://mymlsa.org/government-and-le...boater-safety/

In light of so many incidents do you think they should drop it to 40mph and make this the national outline?
    None of those apply to your governors husband right?

A handful of incidents does not require a knee jerk, rush out and implement some new law line of thinking to me. Probably a million boats in the US so a couple of incidents should not speak for all boat owners.

Like everything else. Its not the item its the operator is the problem. But we all know that makes way to much sense.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

8. Member
    That would really make the skiers/wake boaters mad here. It must be a rule here that they need to get as close to your boat as possible. Especially if they have a mile of open water to stay away from you. If we have any rules not many pay any attention to them.

9. Member
    Nope. That is why I don't live in a state like that. Who is going to enforce that? Just another way to pad lawyers pockets in a law suit and they can twist existing laws to there advantage now. Don't need more government intervention. That is the problem with government now.

10. Member
    Well, plenty to unpack in that list. Most of it is common sense but some of the things I've never heard of like towing tubes and skiers counter-clockwise. Requiring a spotter AND a rear-view mirror? I have one on my boat but I think the argument could be made that it can also distract the driver from other duties if they focus on the mirror too much. That's the job of the spotter.

Having a one-size fits all speed limit is tough. 55 mph on the Great Lakes is not the same as 55 on a 1000 AC pond.

The rules on jet skis seems a little complicated

I think the number of injuries and deaths is probably overblown and sensationalized by news and social media to some extent. In the north country at least, there seem to be far more people hurt and killed due to ATV/UTV and snowmobile crashes than boat crashes. If they want to save lives, that's where they need to focus. A number of people fall out of boats and drown but relatively few crash. Probably needs to be addressed on a state-by-state basis. What's good for AZ might not apply so much for ME.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

11. Member
    We have a couple lakes with max speed limits
    also a couple of lakes that are directional.
    Clear Lake has a 1/4 mile no wake zone currently in effect because of high water until lake level drops.

12. Member
    vaw121, Really a national speed limit of 40? Don't you think we have enough Government shit in our life now you want a National speed limit on the water?
    Totally blows my mind how anyone would think like this but you probably love your Governer too.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    That would really make the skiers/wake boaters mad here. It must be a rule here that they need to get as close to your boat as possible. Especially if they have a mile of open water to stay away from you. If we have any rules not many pay any attention to them.
    For sure!

14. Member
    hell no.

15. Member
    lol. Run 55 mph and set it down as you approach an anchored boat and you make a really big wake. Smh
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

16. Member
    Isn’t there speed limits on roads too? How’s that working out.

55mph is so the Ranger guys can keep up.

Michigan has been 55mph since 1994 https://legislature.mi.gov/Laws/MCL?...=MCL-324-80146 and frankly I've never known anyone personally who has gotten a speeding ticket on the water, but I'm sure it has happened. IDK

We have a rich sailboater, that keep putting a potion out to eliminateloud power boats on the Martha's Vinyard Sound, ie. Ocean. He has a house on tge water.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    We have a rich sailboater, that keep putting a potion out to eliminateloud power boats on the Martha's Vinyard Sound, ie. Ocean. He has a house on tge water.
    A magic potion?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast