Adding cup to offset trolling motor changes?

So I lost 4-5 mph last year adding a new spot lock trolling motor and lithium batteries (along with a lithium starting). Lowering the plate helped a little bit but still can not get it to pull the nose like it was. My fastest prop was my 26p tempest plus but now I have been running a 25p Fury 4 which is barely faster but doesn't walk as bad as the tempest (adding some sand to the back lowered it some but still wasn't good). I tried a 27 Bravo xs last year and it was slower than both but was with a different power head.

From my estimate I am 35-40 lbs more weight on the nose while around 60 lbs lighter in the back. Will adding some cup to the tempest overcome this or am I wasting my time? I'm not concerned with the motor turning it as I have plenty of power and rpm.

2. Member
    I had to lower my engine height apx 1/2" with my switch to Lith batteries. No loss of speed and better acceleration though after lowering engine height.

3. Member
    Watch this. It may help.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Watch this. It may help.

Good video and other than the bottom of my hull being like that, that is exactly what I am fighting. It's not to the extreme of the person he was helping but a problem.

I may try some more sand in the back as I certainly didn't put anything close to 300 lbs in maybe 50-70 (I should weigh it). I probably shouldn't worry about it as the boat is not slow but I know it isn't doing as well as it should.