New to me 200 Black Max any suggestions and I couple questions.

Hello all,

I have a 200 Black Max s/n 0C261797 I guess it’s and ‘89 or ‘90 . It will be replacing my 1984 115 inline 6 .

the engine was run on a newer boat and had an adapter from the 200 8 pin to the newer 13 pin for the remote controls . Is it possible to remove the harness adaptor and use the controls I already have in my boat. I ask because the newer controls don’t t have a hook up for my gauges, the controls have a Smartcraft plug. My 115 has tilt/trim as does the 200. I am hoping I can use the old controls. Unless there is an advantage to the newer controls.

The 200 has less then an 100 hours on a rebuild and looks to be pretty clean. To me, I can see the new gaskets in many places . The compression test was between 123 and 125 for all cylinders. This engine will be living on a 205 Crestliner G/L on Lake Erie . I don’t need anything crazy fast just crazy dependable. That said I will attach pictures and if anyone sees something that the eyeball test says I need to address please let me know.

I was able to buy a factory service manual P/N 90-814098-1.

well I wanted to upload photos but they are too big. I will add the photos as soon as I figure out how to resize them.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.
    thanks in advance!
    Last edited by CoachGarbs; 03-31-2024 at 08:39 PM.

2. Member
    remove adapter and 8 pin should plug in and work fine on the 200
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    remove adapter and 8 pin should plug in and work fine on the 200
    Thank you very much! That is good news!