Stradic vs Tatula mq lt

Trying to decide between these 2 reels to pair with a Millerods Bassfreak for a dropshot/neko/shaky/strolling rod. Does either one really have a leg up on the other? Or is it more of a Ford vs Chevy, pick your brand and smile?

I have both, Ford/Chevy also have 2 Okuma RTX30, very light and were about 60% cost of others, all three very nice.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Tatula mq

4. Member
    The Daiwa match to Shimano’s Stradic/Vanford is the Ballistic MQ. The Tatula is a notch below those.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    The Daiwa match to Shimano’s Stradic/Vanford is the Ballistic MQ. The Tatula is a notch below those.
    The 2023 Tatula MQ isn't really a notch below the Ballistic MQ at all. The Ballistic MQ has Magseal so it's more expensive.

To answer the OP, both are fine reels. Now that the MQ body has made it into the Tatula line up, it represents a lot of value and performance in a $200 spinning reel. I really enjoy mine.

6. Member
    I mean, isn't having magseal an upgrade? I realize its not user service friendly (so some may think its a negative feature), but service is doable with the right tools and oil.

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    I mean, isn't having magseal an upgrade? I realize its not user service friendly (so some may think its a negative feature), but service is doable with the right tools and oil.
    If you're fishing inshore, perhaps. I prefer the Tatula MQ regardless, mainly due to the availability of the 3000C-XH model. Not many people have the experience or equipment to service a Magseal reel to factory specs.

8. Member
    Both great reels - the Daiwa is lighter per size than the Stradic.