Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    And immediately three responses from BASS fan boys. So predictable. lol

Its like moths to a flame.

Damn right and I make no apologies about it
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    And immediately three responses from BASS fan boys. So predictable. lol

Its like moths to a flame.

Toni you do realize with that post you validated ECobb91's post, right?

Ah the old “hater argument. Typical in today’s world. Either blindly follow, or be labeled as a “hater” for having audacity to provide a difference of opinion, then completely disregarded because you don’t praise/support every action someone takes.

those who cannot accept criticism constructively are setting themselves up for failure. Surrounding themselves with yes men and refusing to take into consideration the opinion of the anglers doesn’t do them any good besides boosting their ego. But everyone just claims it’s the “haters” for speaking out.

if Duckett stole everyone’s money, his followers would still worship him claiming the demise was because the critics didn’t give him a fair chance.

I'm assuming the stirring emoji is there to signify the swirling going on at MLF? MLF has a fantastic viewership concept and format (albeit not my personal favorite) and seemed headed beyond B.A.S.S. (at least in terms of viewership, followers, etc.). Unfortunately for them, in situations like these the coverup is often worse than the crime and the resulting distrust that comes from it can be difficult (if not impossible) to put in the rearview mirror.

3. Member
    Hello everyone, can we all agree that as bass fishermen we want what is best for the resource and sport, Lord knows we have enough groups in this country that would love to take away all of it.
    I am for all well run Tournament Organizations the more the merrier, it allows more people to get involved and makes us stronger, which will allow us to protect our resource and sport.
    We have to stop the fighting among ourselves and unite or forces that want us gone will succeed. There has to be a happy medium we can find to address this in fighting. I would look to the state
    of Texas as a start Tournaments during the Spawn are catch weigh and release. Tournaments before or after can be weigh in. Tournaments in blistering hot months should also be catch weigh and release.
    Same goes for the FFS controversy , Half the tournaments with it and half without. These ideas are not perfect, but we all have to find a common ground to work together. I would like my grand children to
    have the same opportunity I had growing up, by having Organizations that cared about bass fishing and would fight to protect the resource and Public Fishing.

4. Member
    I didn’t realize I was “ validating” anyone’s anything. Some people have a huge hard thing for ripping MLF and it shows. And they post long winded analysis whenever points it out, everything the person pointing out their bash MLF mentality gets met with “oh, here’s another Duckett MLF apologist refusing to face or accept criticism of their beloved fishing savior and his sanction” blah blah blah.

Keep sitting on your thrones passing judgment. The one person I respect is rb; at least he straight up says he thinks MLF is crap and yes, he is going to take every opportunity to trash Duckett and MLF. The rest of you save your psychoanalysis BS for yourselves cause you really couldn’t be more misguided when it comes to me and my opinions. It’s obvious you haven’t read a lot of what I have said in relation to MLF and Duckett.

For as much as it’s true what you say about it and him, it’s also true what I said above about the bashing too. Both things can be true. For as much as MLF and Duckett have shot themselves in the foot with what they do, there are people on here that no matter what are going to trash them and criticize for good reason or NO reason at all just because it’s not BASS.

That was my point in response to Mark saying it turns into “what about BASS” responses. Of course it does. Because some people no matter what are going to put BASS on a pedestal, same as they accuse people of putting MLF on a pedestal. It’s a hello pot, here’s the kettle situation.

i don’t give a crap about either really. But human behavior is always fascinating.
    Last edited by Toni; 04-04-2024 at 12:10 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Tbh I don’t think anyone has any responsibility to make sure some guy gets to fish tournaments for a living lol. I agree with ya, just if professional tournament fishing can’t support itself then it probably doesn’t deserve to exist
    Seriously. I think the public really generally only gets behind one big national touring pro league, and even then its not like they are a real factor with TV ratings. Nothing wrong with bass fishing mostly being a regional sport imo.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I didn’t realize I was “ validating” anyone’s anything. Some people have a huge hard thing for ripping MLF and it shows. And they post long winded analysis whenever points it out, everything the person pointing out their bash MLF mentality gets met with “oh, here’s another Duckett MLF apologist refusing to face or accept criticism of their beloved fishing savior and his sanction” blah blah blah.

Keep sitting on your thrones passing judgment. The one person I respect is rb; at least he straight up says he thinks MLF is crap and yes, he is going to take every opportunity to trash Duckett and MLF. The rest of you save your psychoanalysis BS for yourselves cause you really couldn’t be more misguided when it comes to me and my opinions. It’s obvious you haven’t read a lot of what I have said in relation to MLF and Duckett.

For as much as it’s true what you say about it and him, it’s also true what I said above about the bashing too. Both things can be true. For as much as MLF and Duckett have shot themselves in the foot with what they do, there are people on here that no matter what are going to trash them and criticize for good reason or NO reason at all just because it’s not BASS.

That was my point in response to Mark saying it turns into “what about BASS” responses. Of course it does. Because some people no matter what are going to put BASS on a pedestal, same as they accuse people of putting MLF on a pedestal. It’s a hello pot, here’s the kettle situation.

i don’t give a crap about either really. But human behavior is always fascinating.
    Partly correct I think duckett is crap not necessarily mlf. The old FLW I really liked. Irwin was a shady guy but he did do good things for the sport. In the beginning I watched the original mlf cup shows but it didn’t take too long to figure out it was too much of a gimmick just to make a tv show. When Ish was running away from the field and then going into the final period duckett opened up the whole lake to fish. Changed the rules in the middle of an event. Never watched again. But I still think the old original Red Man trail was the best ever events. Anyone regardless of occupation or talent level could fish and have the same opportunity to make the All American and win good money
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Seriously. I think the public really generally only gets behind one big national touring pro league, and even then its not like they are a real factor with TV ratings. Nothing wrong with bass fishing mostly being a regional sport imo.
    Yea, I used to kind of idolize professional bass fisherman when I was younger, but I was able to live the life vicariously through some close friends. Not only is most of it hyped up by organizations (it should be, that is their job of course) but the risk/reward is terribly skewed not only financially but also imo in regards to family life. It’s just kind of strange to see the next generation go through the same “starry eyed” phase I went through. Tbh now I look up more to the regional anglers and their accomplishments because most of them do as well as they do while also holding down regular jobs and family life. Not to disparage pros, I’m sure many do the same but the guys I know that do well regionally have fishing as a secondary hobby and not a lifestyle. In other words, if you live and breath fishing, you should be good at it lol. If you don’t it’s pretty impressive to me when you are still a good angler. Fanboys please don’t roast me I’m all for the good old dream of pro fishing, it just became evident to me early on that only 100 or so guys in the nation are doing it, it’s probably indicative of the amount of money available lol

8. Member
    I think that’s what happens when people try to take something competitive and turn it into an tv show. It turns into a made for TV thing and decisions are based on trying to create good content for people to watch, not necessarily to keep the competition fair.

Just like in every other sport some stars get favorable treatment over others. Lebron James gets a pass where others get the foul. Mahomes gets the roughing the passer call where someone else might not. Nascar lets Hamlin slide on the last restart when someone else might have got the penalty. Some angler gets a pass and a warning when a lesser known angler gets a penalty. Just how it works in the made for TV show biz world.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Interest in the sport has grown significantly in the last decade with college and high school teams fishing every mudhole in the country. High school tournaments with 200 boats doesn't show you that it's grown tremendously? Quite frankly there's plenty of new blood Interested in it and it's almost out of control. How much more does it need to grow?
    Yep…”grow the sport” is just code for “how can we sell more bass stuff”.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post

Been saying this for a long time.

12. Member
    it may of been talked about but i didnt go through all 15 pages... Yall did see they started a touring angling association(pretty sure James is a big part of who started it).. they fished lanier this week, no FFS or 360 allowed..

13. Member
    Yep. The only people that benefit from "growing the sport" are the ones making 120k boats, 3k trolling motors, graphs, $700 rain suits, $20 lures, $300 rods, reels, etc. They have played a lot of folks for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Yep. The only people that benefit from "growing the sport" are the ones making 120k boats, 3k trolling motors, graphs, $700 rain suits, $20 lures, $300 rods, reels, etc. They have played a lot of folks for fools.

No one is making anyone buy those items. Everyone has the choice. You can fish on most any budget.

15. Member

I think this post proves you’re crazy. lol.

16. Member
    Also, watch and support everything I do but don't you dare show up on the lake to fish during a "pro" event.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I think you totally missed my point but that's OK.

18. Member

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by dean c

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Also, watch and support everything I do but don't you dare show up on the lake to fish during a "pro" event.
    Grow the Sport= Somebody Should provide a free wrapped Bass boat, free tackle, free electronics, free baits, paid entry fees plus anything and everything you’ll ever need to fish Bass Tournaments. They should also include a substantial cash compensation for wearing Colorful Commercial Covered Clothing displaying their logos.

20. Member
    Dang this is going to catch up with the taxidermy thread!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast