I will be purchasing a new cx18ss caymas boat soon. I will be moving my fish finders and transducers from my vexus 1880 onto this new boat. At the console on the vexus, I have one solix 12. At the bow, I have a solix 12 with mega 360 and a garmin ultra map 106 for livescope. For the caymas, I am going to buy a new ultra 2 12 for the bow and was going to put the old ultra on the console with one of the solixes. The other solix will go on the bow with the 360.

I can get a hull mounted transducer with the caymas as part of the build. I am thinking of using the transom mount I already have for the solix for sidescan and having the hull mounted transducer for the garmin to do navigation, traditional down sonar and if possible down scan/chirp. I have always had tin boats so no experience with through hull transducers. I have never had multiple units at on the console. I have never used a garmin except for livescope so I don’t know how it would perform with traditional sonar.

questions

1) is this a good idea for the two transducers and two units? if not, what would be better and why?
2) I am assuming the two different units can be operated at the same time without interference. Is this correct?