Cumberland river..???

Any bullet guys familiar with Cumberland river? Taking a trip there in June putting in at Riverbluff park ashland city Looks like good ol river system to me I’m guessing very current related fishing esp being middle of the summer. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

2. Member
    Unless your going there for a particular reason, I’d stay clear of that place and go to any other lake not to far away.

I have to agree with Donnie. I put in north of Lebanon, TN, up 231 and fished several miles west. Several dink smallies. Tons of crooked channels, logs and sand bars. A real pain and wasn’t really worth the time. I’m sure he knows it way better than me. I only went that one time and not worth the effort.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Yea from what I’ve been reading and seeing I’d have to agree with yall but it’s our club 3 day national championship (All the divisions competing). Nothing major maybe 30-50 boats if I had to guess. But from the google Images I’ve seen it’s a one at a time ramp and a small dock so that’s going to be interesting esp if the current is moving in the mornings I like river fishing but don’t know much about small mouth. All I know is make the week out of it and it’s better then being at work
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5nRide View Post
    Yea from what I’ve been reading and seeing I’d have to agree with yall but it’s our club 3 day national championship (All the divisions competing). Nothing major maybe 30-50 boats if I had to guess. But from the google Images I’ve seen it’s a one at a time ramp and a small dock so that’s going to be interesting esp if the current is moving in the mornings I like river fishing but don’t know much about small mouth. All I know is make the week out of it and it’s better then being at work

Hope it works out for ya. After a week of that shit hole you will wish you would’ve stayed home and still went to work. Our club fishes it in august every year and I save my gas money and just stay home. You’re best bet is to go up river towards downtown Nashville and beyond there it would be the island that is near Bailey parkway (hwy 155] bridge but it’s a long ride from Ashland city.
    Last edited by Sleepy111; 04-02-2024 at 10:52 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I have to agree with Donnie. I put in north of Lebanon, TN, up 231 and fished several miles west. Several dink smallies. Tons of crooked channels, logs and sand bars. A real pain and wasn’t really worth the time. I’m sure he knows it way better than me. I only went that one time and not worth the effort.
    Randy, where you were at is the Cumberland river also but that is the upper end of old hickory lake. I never go that far up near 231 on the lake side either. I stay between the OH dam and hwy 109. OH can be treacherous all over if you don’t pay attention where you’re running, that place has claimed a lot of lower units.

The part of the Cumberland river that Matt is going to is below old hickory dam and is way past downtown Nashville just a couple miles before it hits cheatham dam. Somebody really made a poor decision to have a 3 day championship on that water. They would have a lot better trip and catch a lot more fish if they could go to OH instead, it’s still part of the river. I wish him the best and am anxious to hear his take on it after it’s over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Randy, where you were at is the Cumberland river also but that is the upper end of old hickory lake. I never go that far up near 231 on the lake side either. I stay between the OH dam and hwy 109. OH can be treacherous all over if you don’t pay attention where you’re running, that place has claimed a lot of lower units.

The part of the Cumberland river that Matt is going to is below old hickory dam and is way past downtown Nashville just a couple miles before it hits cheatham dam. Somebody really made a poor decision to have a 3 day championship on that water. They would have a lot better trip and catch a lot more fish if they could go to OH instead, it’s still part of the river. I wish him the best and am anxious to hear his take on it after it’s over with.
    Yes, it’s not a place I’d go back to. Plenty of stumps and logs for sure. I went cause a buddy was staying at a big camp ground on it and opportunity arose. Won’t do it again.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs