Unhappy Lowrance Ghost failure...

All,

Was out in open water on speed level 5 and the Ghost power went dead. Confirmed 25v to the TM plug and the unit would not turn back on. Left it off for an hour, tried to power it on, no luck. Is there anything I can check in the foot pedal or should I just contact Lowrance? The unit is 18 months old, never a problem before this.

Thank you, BAM

2. Member
    Sorry you’re having trouble! Is your motor wired directly in to the supply wiring or does it have a plug on the motor side that inserts into the boat? If so be sure to check there for a bad connection. Good luck with it!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

3. Member

You might give these guys a call. I had an issue with mine and they were very helpful. They are an authorized repair center!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

4. Member
    Thanks Mark, I have a plug so I took the plug cover off and confirmed power to it. Will check those folks out!

BAM

5. Member
    One other thought. Are you using a meter or a test light to check your voltage? Be sure to use a meter! I’ve learned that the hard way! I’ve seen times you can light up a light but not supply enough voltage/amperage to operate your motor.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

6. Member

7. Member
    Yes sir, using a meter.......was a tech for years so I have a background in troubleshooting circuits, etc...