Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You sure it's Falcon and not Phoenix that came from the Bumble Bee background?
    Thats my question also, Gary Clouse bought the Bumble plant when he quite Stratos, i do remember that one very good. I talked with Gary not long after he left Stratos, he had a game plan all along!!

I was down to those two when I bought my new boat last boat. Drove both boats decided on Caymas. Super happy with it. Falcon's are nice also, just liked the Caymas better.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    One of the Falcon owner's father was Charlie Waller who started Bumble Bee. Phoenix bought the remnants of Bumble Bee at auction.
    You got it. Top notch folks at the Falcon factory. There's a lot of knowledge at that company.

Here's some history: https://www.bassfan.com/news_article/7781

Stephen Waller grew up around bass boats, not just in a “my-dad-took-me-fishing-every-weekend” sense. He literally grew up around bass boats.
    His father, Charles Waller, founded Bumble Bee Boats in 1972 in Tullahoma, Tenn., and Stephen spent countless hours at the shop as a kid.
    The same can be said for Tim DePriest, who got his start as a teenager working at a marina owned by Joe Reeves, who later went on to found Hydra-Sports Boats. DePriest and Waller eventually crossed paths at Stratos Boats and they’ve worked together in various capacities for more than 12 years.
    In an effort to apply all that he learned from his dad and in the other positions he’s held in the boating industry, Waller, DePriest and a third partner – the trio has a combined 90 years of experience across the saltwater and freshwater boat industries – decided a couple years ago to branch off on their own and launch a new bass boat company. After years of contemplation and months of planning, Falcon Boats was born in 2015 and the first boat bearing the Falcon name rolled out of the manufacturing facility in Newberry, S.C., in January 2016.

4. Member
    You can't go wrong with a Caymas
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

I get compliments all the time on my CX18ss.

Very happy with my purchase.

6. Member
    Both are fine boats, the main deciding factor for me would be the engine, I would get one with a Yamaha SHO instead of a Merc.

7. Member
    My only problem with a Caymas is that the floor and console area are very close together. Feels like if I brought a cooler and put it in the console and I hit a wave it would fly out easily. Drove 8 hours to pick one up and hated that.... Or if I brought my child I wouldnt feel safe.

8. Member
    What???????????? ^^^^^^**
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

I have not seen a Falcon in person yet, I would like to look one over.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    You got it. Top notch folks at the Falcon factory. There's a lot of knowledge at that company.

Here's some history: https://www.bassfan.com/news_article/7781

Stephen Waller grew up around bass boats, not just in a “my-dad-took-me-fishing-every-weekend” sense. He literally grew up around bass boats.
    His father, Charles Waller, founded Bumble Bee Boats in 1972 in Tullahoma, Tenn., and Stephen spent countless hours at the shop as a kid.
    The same can be said for Tim DePriest, who got his start as a teenager working at a marina owned by Joe Reeves, who later went on to found Hydra-Sports Boats. DePriest and Waller eventually crossed paths at Stratos Boats and they’ve worked together in various capacities for more than 12 years.
    In an effort to apply all that he learned from his dad and in the other positions he’s held in the boating industry, Waller, DePriest and a third partner – the trio has a combined 90 years of experience across the saltwater and freshwater boat industries – decided a couple years ago to branch off on their own and launch a new bass boat company. After years of contemplation and months of planning, Falcon Boats was born in 2015 and the first boat bearing the Falcon name rolled out of the manufacturing facility in Newberry, S.C., in January 2016.
    This is interesting. Good boat history/information. It is pretty crazy how small the bass boat industry is.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    My only problem with a Caymas is that the floor and console area are very close together. Feels like if I brought a cooler and put it in the console and I hit a wave it would fly out easily. Drove 8 hours to pick one up and hated that.... Or if I brought my child I wouldnt feel safe.
    Huh? How could a cooler fit in the console and how the hell would it fly out if it’s in there? Never heard of a kid flying out so this is a new one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Curious, what issues did you have with the Falcon?

My son also owns a F205, hasn’t had a bit of trouble.
    Mine was a 2019 seems like some of those had issues. The rub rail was a big issue. They didnt use 3M to seal them back then, they didnt use stainless screws either mine was falling off before I got the motor broke in. It had several broken and missing screws as well. I could go on and on but I am over it now. Just checkout Facebook you will find more cases some worse than mine.

13. Member
    I rode in Chris Lanes Falcon back in 2017. Seemed like a nice boat.
    Hi Mike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12