Question Navionics Map not Bright but "Shaded"

I have a Navionics+ (South) subscription card. Doesn't expire until June. When I look at the Navionics map compared to the C-Map on my 12 Pro it looks like it has a big shadow over the map especially compared to the nice and bright C-Map. I have downloaded the latest data using the Navionics chart installer. When I zoom out I can see bright areas and shaded areas. What do I need to do to get it all to look fully illuminated? I also have the mobile app which is not always being used when I am using the head units. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I've seen this in the past when the card subscription expired but like I said I am paid up until June.

2. Member
    Here's an example of what I described in my lead question. The screen on the left is Navionics. The screen on the right is C-Maps
    20240322_072428.jpg

3. Member
    I have noticed the same even when you try and put Navionics version of shading relief on. Almost like the overlays make it darker.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

4. Member
    Mine was like that and but when I turn off shading that seem to work for me. My subscription is expired.

Probably Shading as mentioned. Also check Overlay and Transparency Percentage, it can affect/darken map view as well.

6. Member
    Product Support at Garmin (who owns Navionics) and this is their reply to my question above:

"this greyed-out effect of your plotter charts, which are not lost but just greyed out and visible when zooming in, has been caused by the connection of your plotter with your Boating app via Plotter Sync.

If you wish to remove the greyed-out effect of your plotter charts, you can follow one of these instructions:

1) Update card with ChartInstaller (when starting the update the “Tiles” folder will be removed from the plotter card)

2) Remove manually the folder “Tiles” , contained into the "Navionics" folder, from the plotter card."

I'm not sure what the "Tiles" folder is. There is not folder in the Navionics folder that is named Tiles. I updated the card again via ChartInstaller and now i do not see the shadow.

I suspect Tiles is Garmin-Speak for Overlay. By updating your card and removing the overlay, you did fix the issue, but could have most likely also fixed it by changing settings on the unit as well - the Overlay and Transparancy percentages mentioned earlier. But, if you don't user the overlays (ie Sonar Chart, Relief Shading, etc) then you are good to go as is.