Abu Garcia Revo4 SX - Growl on Retrieve

I have a ~2 year old Revo SX (Gen4) that has a decent growl to it when retrieving a crankbait. I've completely disassembled the reel and cleaned it, no improvement.

I am trying to determine if it's worth putting new bearings in it? Or should I just let it die and find a replacement?
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

2. Member
    Let me know what size bearing you need. I have to look, as I may have some you can have. PM me.
    Practice, practice and more practice, and if you think you're good practice some more (Cadman circa2006)

3. Member
    Mine does something similar. Casting is perfectly normal but upon retrieve there's a little "grit" feel and a noise.

Mine I believe was caused by throwing a crankbait for 8 hrs during a tournament in the pouring rain and not drying & oiling till the next day.
    Most likely the bearings or races rusted and the noise is from pitting.
    In my case, I'm just using as is until it gets too annoying then I'll replace the bearings. Even though it's a lower priced reel bearings are still cheaper than buying new.

4. Member
    Have you tried putting some reel grease on the gears?