Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcon Rods question

My nephew accidentally broke the tip off one of my Falcon’s that is less than a few months old on a fishing trip the other day.

Does anybody have any experience with Falcon in a situation like this? I’ve heard some guys say they sent it in and Falcon sent back a replacement for a pro rated charge but this could just be talk.

Thanks for any help

2. Member
    I go there all the time and they usually just charge a little bit and give me a new rod. They are really good with customer support

3. Member
    Where did you purchase it? can you take it back? Also if just the tip broke can you glue on a new tip?

I broke a Lowrider that was out of warranty and they determined that it was broken in an accident and not fighting a fish....they were right. I believe they charged me $55 to replace it. I love Falcon. Almost every rod in the box is a Falcon of some kind.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    I just went through this with Falcon last week. If you have the receipt for the rod you send them the section of the rod that has the graphics, the receipt and $20.00 for shipping, they will send you a new rod. If you don’t have the receipt you must send $40.00 for a replacement plus $20 for shipping. To confirm before you do anything, call Falcon and talk to Adrian in the warranty dept. Great company.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
    I go there all the time and they usually just charge a little bit and give me a new rod. They are really good with customer support
    great company

That’s why I have used their rods for 25+ years

8. Member
    I still have an old Falcon rod from 25 years ago. It was made in the USA, but my two new ones were made in China!! No more for me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    I still have an old Falcon rod from 25 years ago. It was made in the USA, but my two new ones were made in China!! No more for me.
    The rods they used to make in the us are still made in the us just by jewel bait co now. I believe the red diamond series is what used to be the falcon cara t7.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    My Falcon Lowrider 5-164 Spinnerbait Special that I bought in 2000 is still one of the first rods out of the locker. Most accurate casting rod I've ever used.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Member
    Several years ago I broke a Falcon spinning rod...my mistake.

Called CS and fessed up and the really nice lady I spoke to said she didn't hear that very much and kinda laughed.

Told me to cut the rod section that tells which rod I had and I'm thinking 20.00 and the sent me a new rod.

Good luck.

12. Member
    Always had great luck. They let me pay to upgrade series the one time which was nice

I would call Falcon and they'll tell you what your options are. I have in the past and always been treated more than fair. They always treated me great.

14. Member
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I sent them an email but haven’t heard back yet.

Good to hear about their CS. I actually plan to get a few Lowriders and maybe a Cara pretty soon. Been slowly working on upgrading my rod arsenal and Falcon is what has fit the best for me at their price point

Used to have all falcon from bucoo to cara , then they switched manufacturing to china and I gave up on them, I found out by having a warranty replacement (which was painless and easy ) the new rod was china I never used it and sold it

16. Member
    I had to send a broken rod to Falcon, I would say it was the easiest/no hassle rod replacement along with the lowest cost of any rod company I've used. If I remember correctly it was $25.00 for the replacement rod, you just had to ship back the damaged rod which was only $12-15.

17. Member
    Just wanted to update

Got in contact with Adrian. He told me to cut out the decal section of the rod, send it to them with $20 for return shipping, and he’ll have a replacement on the way to me.

That is A+ service. Good stuff

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonGlock View Post
    Just wanted to update

Got in contact with Adrian. He told me to cut out the decal section of the rod, send it to them with $20 for return shipping, and he’ll have a replacement on the way to me.

That is A+ service. Good stuff
    Good to hear.

19. Member
    The people at Falcon rods are good people , it’s why I have 20 of them plus they fish great too !

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    The people at Falcon rods are good people , it’s why I have 20 of them plus they fish great too !
    They won themselves a returning customer for sure as I'm actually in the process of "rebuilding" my bass rod arsenal to nicer stuff. It's not a free pass to just be careless with their rods but it's great peace of mind if one of those accidents do happen

I've broken some other high end rods in the past and those rod companies just said "sorry to hear".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast