Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "eat". Chomping on a habanero plain is different than a couple chopped up in salsa.

I guess straight up a Jalapeno. And even then it can vary greatly depending on I'm not sure. Some are just hotter than others.
    Thats kind of the part I get confused on. I like most hot sauces (tobasco, cholula, siracha, some hotter ones I'm not sure of the name of), when buying premade salsa get the "hot", and usually when ordering indian or thai food get the 3 star heat, so not a complete wuss. But some raw jalapeños eating straight up are just too much. When people say habenero its like are they really eating them straight up? I can have some in a big pot of chili but straight up is crazy.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I have eaten a reaper and could do it again but its not enjoyable they do start sweet though , I like scotch bonnets, I would try a ghost pepper, have had pepper X hot sauce dont care for it

3. Member
    I tell myself at least a couple times a month I’m never eating hot stuff again, then a week later, I do it again.

Hot Peppers I’m growing this season:
    7 pot bubblegum
    Jamaican Hot Chocolate
    Giant Jalapeño
    Beast

4. Member
    I had an Indian guy from work years ago who brought me some hot sauce to try because he knew I liked spicey food. He gave me a toothpick full and had me try it in the lunchroom with all his buddies present. The label said 100K Scoville and was green in color. I tried it and yeah, it was hot. I told him thats good -give me another one. Not the reaction he was looking for and they moved on to the next victim (Thank God!) ...After they left I could not get to the milk machine quick enough because my mouth was on fire! The milk helped a little but I belched that nasty hot taste for almost a day.
    So...I would have to say most sauces with 30-50K ratings I'm fine with (LOVE VooDoo Shrimp/Shrimp VanDaLoo) but 100K Skoville is nooooo joke.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

5. Member
    Chilli/pepper depends on what I'm having. Really like flavor more than pure heat. Frank's red hot is a total loss to me. Nothing but hot, no flavor.

Pizza? Pepperoncini along side. 100 to 500 on the scale. Little heat, great pickled flavor. Dip the pizza slices in good Italian dressing, awesome.

Italian? Calabrian chilli. 25k to 50k on the scale. Gives some heat, but also a sweet flavor when cooked. Interesting combination for flavor. If the sauce was not made with calabrian, then add crushed red pepper. 15k to 30k on the scale.

Mexican? Always finish off with La Victoria Salsa brava. At 526k on the scale. Good heat, but also great flavor. Love La Victoria enchilada sauce too. Almost all things La Victoria are great flavors.

6. Member
    Pepperoncini

7. Member
    Salt is as hot as I go!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Habenero is my max. To me it's by far the best flavor of any pepper.

9. Member
    funny but true story,last fall during a football game my buddy brought up a couple of tins of stuffed hungarians(we all like a hot pepper dish of somesorts) anyhow,some of the guys were grabbing peppers,one guy was sweating one was crying one was chugging his beer,you get the point.i had one i thought was delicious,i went back and grabbed another it was equally good,my one buddy says there aint no way ,so i grabbed another same result he grabbed one he had the same result sweating all over again,so he gave me the half of his,with out a doubt one of the hotter hungarians i have ever eaten in my life,how can you go to the market get a flat of peppers some have no heat some you cant stand

10. Member
    Tabasco is my The One.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234