Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Brandon, my 2021 Merc 150 4S also will hit single-digit water pressure values in the 3.5"-4" PTP in certain water conditions so my experience mirrors yours. I run it on a 6" manual plate and only get those lower PSI readings while trimmed up of course. I use VVL for readings. The regular 150 4S does not have the lower water pickups of the Pro XS 4S version. I found a prop after testing many that runs well and hits my max WOT rpm within a PTP range that allows me to get adequate water pressure.

The Tempest Plus was the worst prop on my hull. Others love their Tempest. You might find a prop that does more of what you want but testing is the only way to know.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    Brandon, my 2021 Merc 150 4S also will hit single-digit water pressure values in the 3.5"-4" PTP in certain water conditions so my experience mirrors yours. I run it on a 6" manual plate and only get those lower PSI readings while trimmed up of course. I use VVL for readings. The regular 150 4S does not have the lower water pickups of the Pro XS 4S version. I found a prop after testing many that runs well and hits my max WOT rpm within a PTP range that allows me to get adequate water pressure.

The Tempest Plus was the worst prop on my hull. Others love their Tempest. You might find a prop that does more of what you want but testing is the only way to know.
    Ya I think you’re right, even though mine isn’t the 4 stroke Pro XS I’m gonna try a 22p and 23p fury and see if there’s a difference
    2015 Ranger Z118C Mercury ProXS 150

3. Member
    Brandon, do you run a hot foot? Hot foot or hand throttle, you may want to confirm you are getting 100% open throttle position if you have not already. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12