Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Even weed can't make the music they play in most gyms sound good.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    What does weed smell like? How do you know what it smells like anyhow?
    You serious? Never been around others while they are partaking? Has a skunk scent to it if you really don't know.

Ask Arnold Schwarzenegger

It's gotten bad enough that my kids dr office has a sign posted "Do not enter the waiting room if you reek of weed"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    It's gotten bad enough that my kids dr office has a sign posted "Do not enter the waiting room if you reek of weed"
    How would you know unless someone pointed it out to you?

6. Member
    I been in the gym for 30 years straight. The majority of people that come in smelling like weed are teenagers. I doubt they are smoking for the mind muscle connection while they sit on the bench on their phone. If you been in the gym any amount of time you shouldn't need to smoke to get that connection. I'm sure regulars do it on occasion, but its a very small portion and they not doing it consistently. I mean look at arnold and them. Its nothing new, but a real gym rat will not do it all the time. I have hit the gym high in the past (when I was a teenager and early 20s) and it just made you think you were doing something special. But i'm sure different strokes for different folks.

7. Member
    The gym I went to before my current one smelled like it all the time. I asked a buddy of mine who is real big into working out and inot all the stuff people take if this was some new thing people were doing becasue it helped with x,y , or z when lifting and it is not.

8. Member
    If you feel the need to do drugs to go to the gym, you would probably be better off with a nostril full of booger sugar than weed.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Yup, totally new drug, hard to say whats gonna happen....
    No, it's not new at all. But the proliferation of availability? That's new. Used to be you had to find dime bag Dewayne around the corner to score your weed, now you just waltz through a packed parking lot and get in line at the weed store. I know of quite a few people who were casual smokers, every now and then, who have upped their intake since it got legalized. Not to mention the amount of people who have now tried it and liked it in some form other than smoking it since it became legal.

It just reminds me of the surgeon general years ago saying if we knew then what we know now about alcohol and tobacco and the cost and the damage it does to our citizens, we would have never lifted prohibition and added cigarettes to it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Doesn’t really bother me what people do. I do worry about people driving high looking at their cell phones. I’m on two wheels a lot.
    Between the weed use and the cell phones, I don't cycle on public roads at all any more. Too many distracted/spaced out drivers. All it takes is one drift to the right and not really seeing me and thats it for me. I will just ride somewhere else.

11. Member
    I sold my third "last bike" last year. It got nerve racking riding down the highway watching most, including cops, driving down the road distracted. If you ride you're smart to check the side mirrors for phone jockeys because it seems EVERY stop sign or red-light means "check your phone".

On another note, visit any bar in town in the summer and you'll likely find a parking lot with bikes in them, sometimes it's a whole bunch of bikes. I never got the thrill of riding, or driving intoxicated yet we put up with alcohol in almost every facet of our lives.

Where has personal accountability for our actions gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    No, it's not new at all. But the proliferation of availability? That's new. Used to be you had to find dime bag Dewayne around the corner to score your weed, now you just waltz through a packed parking lot and get in line at the weed store. I know of quite a few people who were casual smokers, every now and then, who have upped their intake since it got legalized. Not to mention the amount of people who have now tried it and liked it in some form other than smoking it since it became legal.

It just reminds me of the surgeon general years ago saying if we knew then what we know now about alcohol and tobacco and the cost and the damage it does to our citizens, we would have never lifted prohibition and added cigarettes to it.
    Yeah, nothing like giving the mafia and the cartels even more profits!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
    Even weed can't make the music they play in most gyms sound good.
    What, Loverboy at 85 decibels ain't inspiring enough ?
    Ranting incoherently

14. Member
    Hi Mike.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    What does weed smell like? How do you know what it smells like anyhow?

Think mild odor of skunk smell. I was putting the garbage out few days back and wasnt sure if the skunks were rooting grubs or the neighbors were enjoying mother earth.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 03-28-2024 at 07:35 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Back in '96 at at Skynyrd/.38 Special/Frampton concert me and dad got a pretty good contact high. He used to party his ass off back in the 70's and early 80's.
    July 4th 1976 Memphis. ZZ Top, LS,Outlaws, Blue Oyster Cult all in one show. I was almost afraid to drive home afterwards! Enough smoke I am pretty certain everyone in Memphis was hammered!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    July 4th 1976 Memphis. ZZ Top, LS,Outlaws, Blue Oyster Cult all in one show. I was almost afraid to drive home afterwards! Enough smoke I am pretty certain everyone in Memphis was hammered!
    Funny - I went to the 4th of July show in '76 but in Tampa.... 90 degree sunny day. Bill Was the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Loggins and Messina with guest stars Cheech and Chong. Was in the old "Sombrero" stadium- no shade, no breeze.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    How would you know unless someone pointed it out to you?
    Because folks that don't smoke it can smell it from half a mile away?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345