Thread: Ramp and clamp

Ramp and clamp

Anyone ever used one of these on your trailer?
    worth it or not?https://www.boat2trailerhookup.com/

2. #FRB
    I have one on my Xpress trailer. Can't believe I didn't get one years ago. To make it a lot easier the 99% of the time I'm solo I sprayed my carpeted bunks down with ceramic wax so when I pull the release handle the boat slides right off and of course slide right up them when loading since you have a hook in the ramp n clamp to grab the bow eye.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    I've used one for years! It's a must have for me! If something happened to it, I would immediately buy another one, and that's the highest complient I can give it.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Wasn't this out before under another name? Not sure it worked all that good?

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Wasn't this out before under another name? Not sure it worked all that good?
    The one you're thinking of is no longer made if I remember correctly. The Ramp N Clamp is a very well made and engineered piece.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    There's one called Drotto Catch and release.

https://drottoproducts.com/products/...ase-boat-latch
    Hi Mike.

7. Member
    Thanks guys think I’ll try one out for my rt 188

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinh20 View Post
    Thanks guys think I’ll try one out for my rt 188
    They have three models. Make sure you get the correct one and you'll be golden.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

9. Member
    I have one and its great. Not a big issue but check the latch before you load up. Sometimes it wont spring right and when you go load it will not latch but other than that its great

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I have one and its great. Not a big issue but check the latch before you load up. Sometimes it wont spring right and when you go load it will not latch but other than that its great
    I've been running one for a long time. I would recommend paying attention to the instructions with it that say, do not tow with it latched. After you pull your boat out of the water unlatch it. It'll last a long time by doing that.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I've been running one for a long time. I would recommend paying attention to the instructions with it that say, do not tow with it latched. After you pull your boat out of the water unlatch it. It'll last a long time by doing that.
    Your right but the latch holds fine. What im talking about is when you launch sometimes it wont open all the way, just barely leaving a piece still hanging out in the gap, and the bow eye can catch the little piece still hanging out and close the latch without the eye being in the latch when you load back up. If that makes sense

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    There's a little slack in mine so I can winch it up that last 1/8" or so and take the pressure off the latch.

I'll have to remember to pull the handle before backing the empty trailer in the water.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex