Thread: AT2 Bad Module?

AT2 Bad Module?

When turning on my TWO new AT2s for the first time / updating them / testing them to see that they both work - I only got one source to be recognized by my HDS lives. When I first booted up, it showed that I needed to update two Active Targets, so I downloaded the 23.3 and upgraded them both at the same time - got the upgrade complete on both, too. Problem is, now I only see 1 source to choose when I open up Active Target. I only was prompted to an initial setup for 1 AT2 (where you choose freshwater over saltwater, and 1 other thing I think). I should have had to do this twice for both AT2s, but it never happened.

I'm going to troubleshoot the other AT2 to make sure the problem is in the module itself. I have 1 new AT2 ducer working (pinging audially and showing a recognized screen on all my HDS lives - 2 at the bow and 1 at the console ), So I can use that Ducer on the WORKING module to see if I get a source on my live and that should prove that the ducer for the NON-WORKING AT2 is fine. Then, I can use a working ethernet cord to my NON-WORKING AT2 module to make sure that it's not the ethernet wire (it worked for WORKING module and if it fixes the problem with the NON-WORKING AT 2 then I know it is a bad ethernet wire). I also have my old AT 1 module that worked fine that I could hook up at the SAME TIME as the new WORKING AT2. If they BOTH work and show up as two different AT sources that can both be seen on my lives, then it should prove that I have 1 bad AT2 module.

What other ways (perhaps easier) is there to determine if the AT2 module is bad? IF my non-working AT2 module is bad, what then? I bought from Bass Pros Shop and have a store 45 minutes away even though I bought online. Do I reach out to Lowrance or do I reach out to Bass Pros ? Would I just be able to bring the module to Bass Pros or would they want the whole thing packaged up like it came (that would suck as I've wired that Ducer up pretty well). Thanks.

Here's my network setup:
    AT#1 to console Live
    Console Live to Bow Live #1
    Bow Live #1 to Bow Live #2
    AT#2 to Bow Live #2
    In this setup all units must be on for complete sharing across the entire network.

2. Member
    Lowrance bought in store policy. If you bought and have issue within 30 days you can take back entire unit and exchange for a new one if over 30 days call Lowrance.

3. Member
    I think I fixed the problem. Did some research on YouTube and saw this helpful video from Russell Marine:

Restore Defaults on all 3 of my HDS lives. Wish I knew that before I flipped out last night.

4. Member
    Yes, the restore defaults has been discussed on this board, and in my YouTube videos (@marcmarcantonio) before. Easy to miss this discussion which is why your questions are answered on this board. When you initially have an AT1 programmed into your Pro/Live/Carbon the unit continues to stay locked onto that initial AT unit; Restoring defaults (or a hard reset) clears this out of memory and allows you to set the MFD for the new Active Target units.

Same principle works with bluetooth remote devices for your Ghost or MFD. Once you program a remote to a unit and then change remotes, you have to clear the old remote out of memory by restoring defaults before you can program the new remote.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Thanks again, Marc! I missed it when searching through the forum.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Yes, the restore defaults has been discussed on this board, and in my YouTube videos (@marcmarcantonio) before. Easy to miss this discussion which is why your questions are answered on this board. When you initially have an AT1 programmed into your Pro/Live/Carbon the unit continues to stay locked onto that initial AT unit; Restoring defaults (or a hard reset) clears this out of memory and allows you to set the MFD for the new Active Target units.

Same principle works with bluetooth remote devices for your Ghost or MFD. Once you program a remote to a unit and then change remotes, you have to clear the old remote out of memory by restoring defaults before you can program the new remote.
    Marc, when you "restore defaults" do you lose waypoints?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Marc, when you "restore defaults" do you lose waypoints?

No, it only restores AT settings to factory default

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    No, it only restores AT settings to factory default
    This^^^
    ciao,
    Marc