Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I thought the elites were getting more like 50K to bring elite events, not 500K.

To be fair to host sites, I can totally understand not wanting to dump a bunch of money into having BASS come to town. It's not like the old days where the elites are going to make some previously unknown lake famous. With the internet now it doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure out which lakes are hot right now. Plus with more and more tournament fishing going on nowadays, why pay a bunch of cash for 100 elite anglers when a 200 boat derby is going on every weekend regardless.
    I was just throwing out numbers. I honestly have no clue the money side of it.

2. Member
    I always wondered why they don't come further into the northeast than Champlain but it makes sense now that I think of it. Most of the water big enough to host an event is in Maine or New Hampshire and they would never play ball with a big tournament. Heck for the most part you cant even throw lead weights or wear inflatable PFDs in those states. I know in past Bassmasters they held events in the southern CT river or the Charles River in MA but I don't see that happening again.

Looking at all the places they host events on it looks like the smallest is in the 20,000 acre range so there's only about 5-6 lakes they could consider. Imagine an event on Moosehead lake. That would be different.
    2020 Ford F150 Raptor (90,000 miles)
    2021 Nitro Z19 200 ProXS. Ultrex 112 Helix 12 helix 8

3. Member
    Another good lake to put back in rotation ---Dardenelle , Arkansas, also Arkanasas river where had Classic
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramos26 View Post
    I always wondered why they don't come further into the northeast than Champlain but it makes sense now that I think of it. Most of the water big enough to host an event is in Maine or New Hampshire and they would never play ball with a big tournament. Heck for the most part you cant even throw lead weights or wear inflatable PFDs in those states. I know in past Bassmasters they held events in the southern CT river or the Charles River in MA but I don't see that happening again.

Looking at all the places they host events on it looks like the smallest is in the 20,000 acre range so there's only about 5-6 lakes they could consider. Imagine an event on Moosehead lake. That would be different.
    Does Maine get hammered by local or regional club tournaments?

Alot of lakes are too remote, and not enough infrastructure for an elite event. I think they are trying to move around and expand the lake selection. But remember this is marketing, and some lakes get high viewership numbers.

I would love to see them fish Lake Livingston in Texas again, but my guess is the viewership numbers would be low.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramos26 View Post

No Largemouths in Moosehead and even tough there's some nice smallies there there they're not wide spread throughout the Lake

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    No Largemouths in Moosehead and even tough there's some nice smallies there there they're not wide spread throughout the Lake
    I didn't say it would be good. But certainly different
    2020 Ford F150 Raptor (90,000 miles)
    2021 Nitro Z19 200 ProXS. Ultrex 112 Helix 12 helix 8

8. Member
    Lake Mohave seems like a solid choice, especially with Laughlin's tournament vibe. Tennessee's got potential too, with Percy Priest near Nashville. Clarks Hill in South Carolina could offer a cool change of scenery. High Rock's been quiet lately, so it could use some attention.

9. Member
    NENC Sounds

How long since the Elites hit Dale Hollow? I know the BPT is heading there next month while BASS head to Fla

11. Member
    Haven’t been out west since 2010. Ok by me. Heard that want big crowds. Also want host cities to pay them to come.

12. Member
    I'd like to see them go to Winnipesaukee

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post

I would love to see them fish Lake Livingston in Texas again, but my guess is the viewership numbers would be low.
    Would be awesome…wonder how FFS would play at that Mudhole!

Double post

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    They’ve not been to Smith Mountain Lake for some time.
    The Blue Ridge Brawl.

16. Member
    Albemarle/ Currituck Sound. BASS hasn’t been here since 1975 Classic.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

17. Member
    Why Bassmater doesn't have a decent archive is the worst. You should be able to search every season by year and get more data than you'd ever need.
    ~~~~GROUND MEAT PRODUCTIONS~~~~
    OUTDOOR VIDEOS
    2016 XPRESS X21 ~ Yamaha F200LB ~ LOWRANCE ~ DAIWA ~

18. Member
    Well since they allow international anglers to participate I would like to see one in Canada or Mexico perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Albemarle/ Currituck Sound. BASS hasn’t been here since 1975 Classic.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Leech Lake is going to be fun when and if they announce it.
    Will be interesting to see how old leech shows out during this years open. Could be some big mixed bags brought in.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast