Connect new Yamaha F250 to Display engine data.

A friend is buying a new Yamaha 250 for his bay boat. I am trying to get him to buy a new sonar display so he can display his engine data on the screen with his sonar/GPS. Is this possible with Yamaha as it is with Mercury? Is there a simple plug and play NMEA solution?

2. Member
    Yes. Yes.

3. Member
    Is this available with an SHO and a garmin Ultra 2 ??

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Is this available with an SHO and a garmin Ultra 2 ??
    I think once you connect the Yamaha to a NMEA network it doesn’t matter alot which head unit. As long as it has a nmea port. There is a thread on the 3rd page of this forum about “info to graphs”. It has a link to the interface cable

5. Member
    I did mine SHO to my Echomap Ultra, easy, works great!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I did mine SHO to my Echomap Ultra, easy, works great!
    Did u just have to add the Yamaha interface cable? Plugs into the white plug in on engine on front port side?

7. Member
    Did u just have to add the Yamaha interface cable? Plugs into the white plug in on engine on front port side?
    Yes, from memory the connector has 4 spaces with only 2 wires! I also connected my Command Link into the network, works perfectly.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    What info are you getting to display? I was told you get rpm, and engine temp is about all.

9. Member
    What info are you getting to display? I was told you get rpm, and engine temp is about all.
    Engine temp, oil psi, rpm, hours, volts (several things you probably wont use). The more info. you add to the screen, the more screen area you loose. I have the navigation map with speed, rpm, oil psi, engine temp, water depth, water temp. There are many things set in Garmin software you can't or will never use, things used in large watercraft. Although a lot of things NMEA can do requires additional sensors.

20240327_085542.jpg