Thread: Read this group

Read this group

Prone, Accutac bipod, fancy mat, 6.5 CM, 2750 ish. 100 yards. Little wind. Pants but no underwear.

Today was prone but I've had the same issue off a rest. I first thought that it was from the crappy plastic front Caldwell rest so I went prone. Same deal. group on the right hand .0005 more neck tension so I at least learned that it like that.

No tuner today as I'm stupid and forgot to screw on the adjustable part lol. I don't think a tuner will pull that in. Granted maybe help I'm not sure.

I feel like its me somehow maybe not loading the rifle consistently. I however am a rookie.

What says those with more experience. Everyone

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05cL...a60H2kgm-iYVqg

2. Member
    What exactly are you looking for that has you saying you have an issue? And have you been able to achieve that elsewhere?
    10-shot 3/4 moa groups would have a lot of people grinning ear to ear, so curious what you are looking at and looking for.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    What exactly are you looking for that has you saying you have an issue? And have you been able to achieve that elsewhere?
    10-shot 3/4 moa groups would have a lot of people grinning ear to ear, so curious what you are looking at and looking for.
    This is an attempt to improve on the sub .5" groups I've had in the past.

Just based on what I'm seeing here and in the past couple firings which I don't have pics of the vertical trend is apparent. Just thinking if I can tweak something I can skoot that group a little less tall and closer to its width. Which would get me hopefully a bit under .5" on a consistent basis

4. Member
    Cant help much, i’d be tickled with those groups. Best ask one of the fclass/br guys. All Incan offer is veryical dispersion is often mirage from the barrel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Cant help much, i’d be tickled with those groups. Best ask one of the fclass/br guys. All Incan offer is veryical dispersion is often mirage from the barrel.
    I'm not complaining.. Just always attempting to fine tune or learn something.

I never considered mirage though. I've been meaning to rid up a shield maybe I'll see if that changes anything.

Are you reloading or shooting factory ammo? If reloading, seating depth can tweek the group or a .1 of a grain +or- can make a difference.

Whatch this video and then part two.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...81F&ajaxhist=0

Guess it helps if you post the link!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...81F&ajaxhist=0

Guess it helps if you post the link!!!
    Good video.... It reminds me I was not paying attention to that much at all. I know at times my positioning is off just from how far off target I can get after shooting.

Gonna have to watch that series one or five times and give it a whirl tomorrow.