Thread: Why can't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why can't

people sing the anthem as it was written and not their interpretation?

2. Member
    Why can boys play in girls sports?

3. Member
    why can illegal immigrants release tik toks to show how to take over homes as squatters?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    why can illegal immigrants release tik toks to show how to take over homes as squatters?
    When does a breaking and entering crimal become a legal squatter?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    people sing the anthem as it was written and not their interpretation?
    Because they try to make it about them instead of The National Anthem. I have always said let our service men/women sing our sacred song because they will do it RIGHT.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Because they try to make it about them instead of The National Anthem. I have always said let our service men/women sing our sacred song because they will do it RIGHT.

7. Member
    No doubt

8. Member
    Agree

9. Member

So, you are saying there is an "official" version everyone should sing to make you happy? Well, here's the thing, there is no official arrangement. Attempts where made but it never really happened. And the version you hear that you think is official it similar to but not the same as earlier arrangements. And as someone that has played and conducted the Anthem hundreds of times, I can tell you certainty that most of the time what you hear does not even match what is written on the page in front of the musicians. They all grew up hearing certain liberties being taken, pauses and holding out some notes at the end, that they all tend to play that without even looking at the music. I encountered that every time I had to teach it to a new group of kids.

Here's what it sounded like in in 1814. I'd guess someone that grew up here this version would complain that your "official" version was terrible. At least if he was a BBCer. LOL

But, if we had to have an official version, my pick would be Whitney Houston's rendition. Its in 4 instead of the typical 3 which I think makes it more enjoyable to listen to. And then there is just Whitney.

Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Member
    Let's hear you sing it Jim.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    When does a breaking and entering crimal become a legal squatter?
    In some places as soon as they are inside

13. Member
    Kind of a running joke at my second job as an ECHL off-ice official, we time the singers they bring in, lady on Saturday strung it out to 4:21 for second place. Longest was a couple of seasons ago, lady stretched it out to 5:39.

14. Member
    Its not about the song ,its about LOOK AT ME ME ME !

15. Member
    I didn't know we had an official, proper version.

16. Member
    Do Any Farm Girls have a better version?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    and yet when some redneck or country singer changes it up they were "outstanding" to most on here...........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

18. Member
    Far too many of them sing like they are auditioning for American Idol and most wouldn't win the golden ticket.
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    I think there is a commonly accepted traditional arrangement and the melody, time signature and dynamics are fine. I’d be happy if we just had a single official version recorded and played whenever called for.

Show us all you’re a “star” singing something else.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    So, you are saying there is an "official" version everyone should sing to make you happy? Well, here's the thing, there is no official arrangement. Attempts where made but it never really happened. And the version you hear that you think is official it similar to but not the same as earlier arrangements. And as someone that has played and conducted the Anthem hundreds of times, I can tell you certainty that most of the time what you hear does not even match what is written on the page in front of the musicians. They all grew up hearing certain liberties being taken, pauses and holding out some notes at the end, that they all tend to play that without even looking at the music. I encountered that every time I had to teach it to a new group of kids.

Here's what it sounded like in in 1814. I'd guess someone that grew up here this version would complain that your "official" version was terrible. At least if he was a BBCer. LOL

But, if we had to have an official version, my pick would be Whitney Houston's rendition. Its in 4 instead of the typical 3 which I think makes it more enjoyable to listen to. And then there is just Whitney.

Witney did a fantastic job for Super Bowl XXV…….after that most who sang for the SB’s sucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast