Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Comments below video said they were using cell phone while driving and that is illegal in GA I guess so a stop was initiated and the guy ran.
    This is what I was going on. That is why I said unless a violent crime had been committed.

I can barely read this thread for feeling hopeless for our society. Saying the cops are at fault for the chase is absurd.

No matter what he tried to pull him over for the suspect ran. He did not do so at 55mph, or he did not jump in the stop and go traffic and putt along, he did not flee in a safe manner. He ran at a high rate of speed. Lets say while he is initialing fleeing he hits an a car coming on the on ramp and kills everyone. Well some you will think that is the cops fault for trying to pull him over, and eventually we will say cops should not try to pull people over. Never ending and a no win situation for society.

Someone said go to his house, I mean yes some people are really stupid, but I'm guessing the other 80% know to not show up to their residence after running from cops.

Blame the guy that made that decision to flee, not the cop. Lets show outrage to the people making these decision to flee and not follow the law or comply.

I already know how some will reply to my thread.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    1. Using cell phone while driving? (possible law broken)
    2. Eluding police (law broken)
    3. Speeding (law broken)
    4. Speeding on the right-hand shoulder (law broken)
    5. Hit and run, vehicle number 1 (law broken)
    6. Hit and run, vehicle number 2 (law broken)
    7. Resisting Arrest (law broken)
    8. Illegal substances confiscated? (possible law(s) broken)
    9. Unnecessary over expenditure of taxpayer dollars (you be the judge on that one)

The pursuing officer practiced great restraint from causing bodily harm to the perpetrator. I for one could not perform the duties of a professional Law Enforcement Officer. I hope the person that was arrested gets his act together, and quickly. Don't rush to misjudgment regarding law enforcement.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

4. Member
    Does anyone really think that these idiots were fleeing the cops because they were just taking on their cell phone?

And if you flee and injure or kill someone then it’s on you…not the cops for doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Get the license number and go to the home where the car is. Bet you would feel different if that chase had killed one of your family members. If a violent crime had been committed that is a different story. But because they were on their phones? Gezzzzz
    Agree those chases and pits get innocent people killed , they are going to be released back into the hood in 24 hours anyway .

6. Member
    If the stop was for something other than cell phone use. Why isn’t that put out? What is there to hide? I never one time said the attempt to stop them was the cops fault. But a high speed chase for a non violent crime puts a lot of innocent people’s lives in danger.

7. Member
    If the stop was for something other than cell phone use. Why isn’t that put out? What is there to hide? I never one time said the attempt to stop them was the cops fault. But a high speed chase for a non violent crime puts a lot of innocent people’s lives in danger.
    If you want to read the full report have at it but the first few sentences state the reason.

Pinned by State Boyzzz
    @StateBoyzzz
    2 months ago
    On Thursday December 16, 2021 I, TFC A. Aponte-Gotay was patrolling the area of GA-13
    southbound and Sidney Marcus Blvd when I visually observed the driver of a silver Honda Civic (GA
    Tag CNM4872) holding a cell phone in his right hand looking down while driving. I activated my
    emergency equipment and initiated a traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle changed lanes into the gore
    area and accelerated initiating a pursuit. I notified the GSP Troop C radio room of the pursuit
    immediately. At the end of the gore area the driver cut across the right lane of travel and continued to
    drive at a high rate of speed down the right shoulder past heavy traffic. Upon coming up to the
    Piedmont Rd entrance ramp the driver made an improper lane change into the entrance ramp lane,
    continued down that lane before entering the right shoulder again after the Armour Dr exit. Again the driver changed lanes into the entrance ramp lane from Armour Dr to GA-13 southbound and cut across
    to the right shoulder continuing to drive recklessly. As the driver approached the exit for I-85
    southbound he struck the right concrete wall then struck a white van in the left lane of travel. The driver
    continued fleeing southbound on GA-13 at a high rate of speed changing lanes erratically as traffic
    cleared. There were no other patrol units in the area to attempt to set up stop sticks or attempt to box
    the vehicle in. I positioned my patrol vehicle to the left of the fleeing vehicle to perform a P.I.T
    maneuver and backed away due to upcoming traffic that was slowing down as we approached. As we
    passed the slowed/stopped vehicles I again positioned my patrol vehicle to the left of the fleeing vehicle
    to perform a P.I.T maneuver and again backed away due to upcoming traffic. Again as we passed the
    slowed/stopped vehicles I positioned my patrol vehicle to the left of the fleeing vehicle and performed a
    successful P.I.T maneuver. The left side of the vehicle struck the left concrete wall, then traveled
    across both lanes while spinning clockwise and struck the right concrete wall with the left rear of the
    vehicle before continuing to spin clockwise and coming to an uncontrolled final rest facing northbound
    in the southbound lanes of travel. I immediately notified the Troop C radio room of the successful P.I.T
    and the crash while requesting an ambulance be en route.
    I exited my patrol vehicle and drew my department issued Glock 45 and began giving
    verbal commands to both the driver and passenger to put their hands up where I could see them. The
    passenger, Mr. Malik Matthew Davis, immediately followed commands and placed his hands against
    the windshield and remained there until instructed otherwise. The driver, Mr. Carlton McDonald, failed
    to follow any commands, and continued to reach underneath the drivers seat of the vehicle before
    crawling into the back seat of the vehicle and taking a drink out of a silver and blue can. At this point I
    took cover at the rear of my patrol vehicle and notified the radio room the driver was non compliant and
    moving, requesting more units to my location. I continued to give verbal commands to show me their
    hands and stop moving around within the vehicle. Mr. McDonald crawled between the front seat and
    the backseat multiple times, reaching underneath the seats, drinking out of a can and failing to comply
    with direct orders. Mr. McDonald also repeatedly exited the vehicle through the rear passenger side
    door of the vehicle, briefly showed his hands then entered the vehicle again. Mr. McDonald again
    exited the vehicle and still had his hands out of my line of sight from the back of my patrol vehicle. SGT
    Rariden 335 arrived on scene shortly after and had a higher vantage point due to being on the
    northbound lanes of GA-13 looking down onto the southbound lanes. At this point Mr. McDonald
    showed his hands as we approached and we continued to give verbal commands to get on the ground.
    SGT Rariden instructed the passenger, Mr. Davis, to exit the vehicle and lay down on the floor, to
    which he complied without issue. I then drew my department issued Taser and approached Mr.
    McDonald giving him commands to get on the ground or he will be tased. Mr. McDonald got on the
    ground but continued to attempt to reach into the car and crawl around on the ground. I again gave Mr.
    McDonald a warning that if he did not stop he would be tased, and he complied and stayed still on the
    ground. I holstered both of my weapons and prepared to effect an arrest on Mr. McDonald. As I
    attempted to place his left hand in the handcuffs Mr. McDonald pulled away and began to actively resist. Mr. Mcdonald grabbed my handcuffs which were now on the ground and threw them into a storm
    drain next to us on the floor. I began struggling with Mr. McDonald attempting to gain control of his
    arms using my feet against the concrete wall behind us as leverage. As Mr. McDonald attempted to
    stand up I wrapped left arm around his upper body and brought him back down to the ground and
    rolled him onto his side. I heard SGT Rariden say "taser taser taser" and I turned my head away while
    attempting to keep control of Mr. McDonald. The taser was effective and I then gained control of Mr.
    McDonalds left arm while under power. Upon gaining control of his left arm I was able to control his
    legs by sitting on them while gaining control of his right arm as well. SGT Rariden placed his taser on
    the wall and jumped down before placed the passenger Mr. Davis under arrest at this point without
    incident. Mr. McDonald continued to physically resist arrest and all ignore verbal commands. As I
    struggled to keep control of his arms SGT Raridens taser fell off the wall and landed in front of me. I
    laid all of my body weight onto Mr. McDonald before reaching with my left hand for the taser. I told him
    that if he did not stop he would be tased again. I noticed the wires from the initial probes still protruding
    from underneath his body and fired the taser towards the concrete wall to re-energize the probes
    already on Mr. McDonald. SGT Rariden came over and gained control of his right arm as I gained
    control of his left arm and we placed him in handcuffs.
    We sat Mr. McDonald down and leaned him against the wall and searched his person. He was then
    placed in the rear of my patrol vehicle. Mr. Davis was placed in a separate patrol vehicle after being
    searched as well. When I returned to my vehicle at approximately 1543 hours I read Mr. McDonald his
    Miranda Rights and asked if he understood and would still like to speak to us, to which he gave a
    verbal yes. During a vehicle search a handgun, $892 in cash, multiple individually packed baggies of
    marijuana, rolling paper, blank gift cards, credit/debit cards with different names, a card reader/scanner
    and numerous other retail items were recovered from the vehicle.
    Mr. McDonald was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital by EMS personnel on Grady Bus without further incident. Mr. McDonald was released from Grady Hospital at
    approximately 2349 hours and transported to Fulton County Jail by TFC Howerton 832 and turned
    over to detention officers without incident.

8. Member
    Bet those guys they caught r back on the streets already. Chase or not.

You do know what happens when the cop terminates the pursuit after he's just witnessed the car driving triple digits and running people off the road, right? Three miles down the road that car t bones a school bus load of kids, turns out the driver was high and the police dept is sued anyway. It's a lose/lose situation. I don't know how it gets better from here. If they wreck while the police are chasing them....lawsuit. If they wreck when the police see them driving 100 mph reckless and don't take action....lawsuit.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I can barely read this thread for feeling hopeless for our society. Saying the cops are at fault for the chase is absurd.

No matter what he tried to pull him over for the suspect ran. He did not do so at 55mph, or he did not jump in the stop and go traffic and putt along, he did not flee in a safe manner. He ran at a high rate of speed. Lets say while he is initialing fleeing he hits an a car coming on the on ramp and kills everyone. Well some you will think that is the cops fault for trying to pull him over, and eventually we will say cops should not try to pull people over. Never ending and a no win situation for society.

Someone said go to his house, I mean yes some people are really stupid, but I'm guessing the other 80% know to not show up to their residence after running from cops.

Blame the guy that made that decision to flee, not the cop. Lets show outrage to the people making these decision to flee and not follow the law or comply.

I for one agree with you. Anything that happens when the kid runs should be all on him, and NO ONE else.

11. Member

Nope, I agree.
    I generally try to avoid these topics as there are many anti-cop here on the BBC.
    It's a shame.
    What's next, firemen, paramedics, etc?
    Last edited by Aj14; 03-26-2024 at 06:02 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Nope, I agree.
    I generally try to avoid these topics as there are many anti-cop here on the BBC.
    It's a shame.
    What's next, firemen, paramedics, etc?
    I am not anti cop. Just anti high speed chase when no violent crime was committed to start the chase. Bet you guys would feel different if one of you family was killed in a chase that began because someone was using a cell phone.

I am not anti cop. Just anti high speed chase when no violent crime was committed to start the chase. Bet you guys would feel different if one of you family was killed in a chase that began because someone was using a cell phone.
    I was waiting for that response. Its not because they were on a cell phone, its because someone choose to run from the cops. What your suggesting is to not enforce the law. What your suggesting would make running from cops alot more common, don't put the rest of us in more danger because we want to micro manage problems.

So 2 issues you might be able to help me with. how does a cop not make a person not run when they light him up? Do you believe the person fleeing will return to regular stop and go traffic speeds? or a safe speed with no wreck-less tendencies? when the chase stops.

And yes, I would be outraged if my family was killed by a person fleeing the cops, But why would I blame a cop from trying to stop this person? I'd blame the person driving the car that hit my family. U can not say it would not have happened if the cop was not chasing.....that is a guess. Again there are some really stupid people on the earth. Those are the one's that will slow down to the speed limit when the cops back off... the rest will continue on in a dangerous manner, cause they know the cops will be looking for them.

But Prolly like most people we would sue the cops, not the person who caused it. it all about money, lawyers will lead you in this direction, cause it all about money. Money does not solve a tragic loss, and nothing will. The ability to sue the cops for extraordinary amounts of money needs some tort reform, or they should allow other citzens to sue the plantiffs if they win a large reward from a tax funded entity. Cause that is our tax dollars.

U have examples already of being lax on crimes and what it causes. I don't want that, I doubt anyone does. Because if we are lax on crime, or do not enforce speed limits, and your family gets hurt, by someone speeding due a no light them up or no chase policy.... Who would you blame? Let me guess.... the cops for not enforcing the laws.
    Last edited by BMCD; 03-26-2024 at 02:19 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. Member
    I've noticed a ton of these videos coming out of Atlanta. Is Atlanta the new LA of car chases?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    The best chase scene ever in a movie was the scene in "To Live and Die in LA"
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

16. Member
    ++ Plus.

I am anti-bad cop. There are far more out there than the usual "one bad apple" . Train better LEOs and stop costing us tax payers with unnecessary law suits. Proper training would have alleviated that high speed chase and subsequent dangerous PIT that put the public in harms way. That is not protecting nor serving.

I was waiting for that response. Its not because they were on a cell phone, its because someone choose to run from the cops. What your suggesting is to not enforce the law. What your suggesting would make running from cops alot more common, don't put the rest of us in more danger because we want to micro manage problems.

So 2 issues you might be able to help me with. how does a cop not make a person not run when they light him up? Do you believe the person fleeing will return to regular stop and go traffic speeds? or a safe speed with no wreck-less tendencies? when the chase stops.

And yes, I would be outraged if my family was killed by a person fleeing the cops, But why would I blame a cop from trying to stop this person? I'd blame the person driving the car that hit my family. U can not say it would not have happened if the cop was not chasing.....that is a guess. Again there are some really stupid people on the earth. Those are the one's that will slow down to the speed limit when the cops back off... the rest will continue on in a dangerous manner, cause they know the cops will be looking for them.

But Prolly like most people we would sue the cops, not the person who caused it. it all about money, lawyers will lead you in this direction, cause it all about money. Money does not solve a tragic loss, and nothing will. The ability to sue the cops for extraordinary amounts of money needs some tort reform, or they should allow other citzens to sue the plantiffs if they win a large reward from a tax funded entity. Cause that is our tax dollars.

U have examples already of being lax on crimes and what it causes. I don't want that, I doubt anyone does. Because if we are lax on crime, or do not enforce speed limits, and your family gets hurt, by someone speeding due a no light them up or no chase policy.... Who would you blame? Let me guess.... the cops for not enforcing the laws.
    It's not about how many the cops catch for running it's more about what the court system doesn't do after they are caught !!!! They get out without bail and are in another chase as some as they can find a charger to steal .

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I could never do what those officers do. I would have shot him several times and felt fine about it.
    you and me both. I would give them an order one time and if they didn’t comply, blow their heads off

Quote Originally Posted by BassDom View Post
    ++ Plus.

I am anti-bad cop. There are far more out there than the usual "one bad apple" . Train better LEOs and stop costing us tax payers with unnecessary law suits. Proper training would have alleviated that high speed chase and subsequent dangerous PIT that put the public in harms way. That is not protecting nor serving.
    Either that or "train" better citizens. You know, the type of citizens who don't feel empowered to break laws and put the general public at risk. One such method of training them might be to enforce the laws society made. Laws that have consequences when violated. We, the responsible public, NEED police officers. What we don't need are those who endorse lawless actions.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

20. Member
    Get the license number and go to the home where the car is. Bet you would feel different if that chase had killed one of your family members. If a violent crime had been committed that is a different story. But because they were on their phones? Gezzzzz
    I believe they said it was a stolen rental car so your method would not have worked. The initial stop may have been about the phones but once they chose to flee the presumption has to be that something bigger is going on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast