bird 4 lakemaster

how many are running birds for purposes of using lakemaster mapping? my boat is currently setup with all lowrance but after fishing with someone who used lakemaster i LOVE the depth shading where he had 1-5, 5-10, 10-15 all shaded different colors. im thinking of either adding 2 birds on top of what im currently running just for mapping. what are you guys thoughts on this?

2. Member
    Cmap reveal will do it. It's what I use

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Cmap reveal will do it. It's what I use
    does reveal have any other benefits over navionics platinum?

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    What you saw is the newest Lakemaster card. There are 2 versions, VX and VX Premium. Both of them have the 4 depth highlight capability you saw. The VX Premium version adds two features... relief shading and aerial imagery. This mapping will work on all Solix, all Apex, and Helix Gen3/Gen4 units.

I do use the VX Premium on my Apex units and love it. I heavily use the 4 depth highlight shading you saw. I troll for Stripers and there are typically a few bottom depth ranges that they hold over throughout the year. When I determine the bottom depth they are holding over for a given fishing outing, I then know which depth highlight to focus on.

As for, is it worth it to buy a bird or two to run the VX Mapping, only you can determine that.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    The shallow water highlight makes 5 color highlight bands. However, the reveal mapping is very much the same. If you are buying new units I can vouch for the VX mapping being super! It will be a chunk of money for 2 finders and mapping chips. I love the HB system, but for the mapping upgrade you will have to weigh the value to yourself. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The shallow water highlight makes 5 color highlight bands. However, the reveal mapping is very much the same. If you are buying new units I can vouch for the VX mapping being super! It will be a chunk of money for 2 finders and mapping chips. I love the HB system, but for the mapping upgrade you will have to weigh the value to yourself. Bob
    Well, to be 100% accurate, the VX mapping has 4 Depth Highlight settings where you set a specific range to Highlight and one Shallow Water Highlight setting where you set the depth you want highlighted and it highlights from 0 to that depth.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    I guess that would make it Highlight “0” and then 1-2-3&4. OK your are correct
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go