Wood you trust this cookware?

I've got a GE gas stove with a built in griddle in the center. The original part is coated aluminum, and the coating is starting to wear thru from frequent use. We all know aluminum is bad for you....

Factory replacement is the same, coated aluminum. Not much info on the coating. Probably Teflon.

I've found some "cast iron" replacements, but they're all imports. Similar to this:

https://amzn.to/3TmyCwI

My fear is that even though it says cast iron, coming from China likely, the chemistry is unknown. Maybe I'm over thinking it....... but what does the BBC crowd think?

2. Member
    Not an expert here but I would just season it like you would on a Blackstone or any cast iron fry pan. Who know what the chemistry is on any of that stuff.

Check the BBQ Guys website. They have a variety of griddles in different sizes and materials.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    I would agree, I would not trust anything from China - no matter what they claim it is.
    Last edited by itsahog; 03-24-2024 at 08:15 AM.

5. Member
    Thanks for confirming my fears. Lol. I don't want to eat of something questionably made from recycled wheel weights in a sweat shop. I ordered a Lodge brand cast iron griddle. It'll just lay on top of the grates instead of inset, but at least I know it's real cast iron.

6. Member
    I wouldn’t worry about it, you will get used to the extra thumbs after awhile…….lol