Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

If a 19 year old hadn't won on fork.<--- FFS post.

I gave you the warning you didn't have to come hear to read.

If that kid hadn't won on Fork FFS wouldn't be a hot topic right now. I seriously think his age is the reason our older anglers are scared shitless because technology and cognitive decline have met head on. I am 51 on Monday and I have noticed I am not as sharp as I once was but I have the intellectual strength and humility to admit this. Ask yourself this question, are you scared? I mean no disrespect, are we open to having an honest discussion?
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

FFS has been a hot topic for some time now and he was just one of many using it

Not to mention the majority of the final 10 used it
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    I substantially disagree. It has nothing to do with his age, the FFS debate has been ongoing since last season and the peak was during the offseason. B.A.S.S. instituted a tech committee before the season became because FFS has become such a hot point.

im only 32, im not scared, but i have no intention getting FFS. I simply don’t think I’ll enjoy staring at a screen the whole time when I’m fishing and it’s not the style I prefer. I don’t think FFS is sporting. There’s a certain line that everyone will draw to say when something isn’t sporting, and FFS is that for me. That said, I recognize that I’m at a significant disadvantage during competitive tournaments (bigger than the 10 boat good ol boy clubs), so I don’t enter those events.

Adapt, or do nothing and complain while you get passed. It’s no different than the workforce when new technology comes out and the older folks are so set in their ways they refuse to learn but complain when the younger staff are excelling.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-22-2024 at 03:10 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Happy early birthday
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Thanks. It's important and such a fresh take on it. Happy Birthday.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

6. Member
    It's good to admit it. We started noticing it a while ago, but didn't want to bring it up.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post

If that kid hadn't won on Fork FFS wouldn't be a hot topic right now.
    Yes it would be. It already was way before he won.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Yes it would be. It already was way before he won.
    Yea. It’s literally been a frequent topic on here for over 3 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    It's good to admit it. We started noticing it a while ago, but didn't want to bring it up.
    For me it is hitting home right now because my 73 year old father just drove the wrong direction down I-94 here for about 3 miles before he ended up in the median. I visited him this morning and had a hard talk with him that ended pretty poorly.

10. Member
    Don’t think his age has anything to do with it at all.

11. Member
    You think this has only been a hot topic for two weeks?? It’s been the only thing talked about for 18 months. I don’t think his age has anything to do with it.

For me it is hitting home right now because my 73 year old father just drove the wrong direction down I-94 here for about 3 miles before he ended up in the median. I visited him this morning and had a hard talk with him that ended pretty poorly.
    He just made a mistake.

I can empathize, but thinking “how can I relate my fathers accident to FFS use?” is not logical.

13. Member
    Not scared but I don't think it belongs in Pro Level Fishing events as I feel it takes away from sporting aspect of it, my opinion.

See nothing wrong with it on other levels or maybe even using in pro-level practice periods.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    He just made a mistake.

I can empathize, but thinking “how can I relate my fathers accident to FFS use?” is not logical.
    Really think that we are grasping at the past more than we would care to admit.

15. Member

If that kid hadn't won on Fork FFS wouldn't be a hot topic right now. I seriously think his age is the reason our older anglers are scared shitless because technology and cognitive decline have met head on. I am 51 on Monday and I have noticed I am not as sharp as I once was but I have the intellectual strength and humility to admit this. Ask yourself this question, are you scared? I mean no disrespect, are we open to having an honest discussion?
    I think FFS should help you catch fish in old age.....

Really think that we are grasping at the past more than we would care to admit.
    Actually, in relation to FFS, I’m grasping at the future.

I am really looking forward to discovering new ways and places to use it. Discovering old places to look at in new ways, too. We are at the cusp of an era filled with really great fishing opportunities.

Fill your mind with curiosity, and FFS will take you to new and exciting places.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Actually, in relation to FFS, I’m grasping at the future.

I am really looking forward to discovering new ways and places to use it. Discovering old places to look at in new ways, too. We are at the cusp of an era filled with really great fishing opportunities.
    Wait till the ambulance chasers get ahold of this! Have you been exposed to sonar beams while swimming and now have some form of cancer or other injury? Dial all 9's and speak to Jerry to collect your guranteed compensation....

It would be interesting to see where these young rookies would finish if there was no such a thing as FFS. This is just my opinion but at 77 years of age I still believe in order to qualify for the elites you have to know a lot more than FFS. I believe these young guys are as good as anyone at pitching a dock, swimming a chatterbait or being able to make on the water decisions. Even though one is a teenager and many of the others are in their twenty’s they have a ton of knowledge gained from starting at a very young age and online sources. If you look at other sports it is not uncommon to see a teenager keeping up with the seasoned pros in golf, baseball, basketball etc. I believe that FFS is the best tool in their toolbox to use in order to get the job done but if they can’t find that tool they have other tools that will work for them. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Wait till the ambulance chasers get ahold of this! Have you been exposed to sonar beams while swimming and now have some form of cancer or other injury? Dial all 9's and speak to Jerry to collect your guranteed compensation....
    Now that you mention it, I have jumped into the lake a number of times so people could see what it looked like on FFS.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    It would be interesting to see where these young rookies would finish if there was no such a thing as FFS. This is just my opinion but at 77 years of age I still believe in order to qualify for the elites you have to know a lot more than FFS. I believe these young guys are as good as anyone at pitching a dock, swimming a chatterbait or being able to make on the water decisions. Even though one is a teenager and many of the others are in their twenty’s they have a ton of knowledge gained from starting at a very young age and online sources. If you look at other sports it is not uncommon to see a teenager keeping up with the seasoned pros in golf, baseball, basketball etc. I believe that FFS is the best tool in their toolbox to use in order to get the job done but if they can’t find that tool they have other tools that will work for them. JMO
    That's what I think too. They wouldn't be quite so dominant, but you would definitely still have some stars emerge. People on here like to pretend guys like KVD and Hackney were never young and whooping on on longtime veterans of the sport for some reason.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast