Trophy or Tempest

I have 2 brand new props that I tried on my 193 Intimidator/Yammy ProV150. Which prop do you guys prefer? Trophy or Tempest? I haven't had a lot of time to run them and tweak the setup but looking for an overall consensus so that I can return the other prop to the dealer and start nailing down the setup. I believe the Tempest is a 23 and the Trophy is a small hub 24 or 25. Thanks in Advance.

Jim

Tempest for me on my 193 Intimidator. For me, Trophy did not pick the boat up the same, bow seemed to sit lower/flatter. Both worked, but Tempest let the boat get up where it felt better to me. Merc 200 though, so a bit different....maybe....

3. Member
    I actually like the stability of the trophy on both 19’ 3” Intimidators and also Outlaw which I currently run a 200 Opti with 26 Trophy Plus. Even the same boat can run slightly differently with props. Setup can be somewhat unique to the boat. Both the Trophy and Tempest are good props for smaller Gamblers. Both should work fine properly set up.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

4. Member
    I'm with Sam...

If you want to give the Trophy a fair shake put a anti-cavitation ring on the hub. Some call it a blow-out ring. Without it the small hub becomes impossible to really dial in the set-up. Because the small hub throphy is an Over/Thru hub the heavier the load the more exhaust gas goes over the hub. That is basically ventilating the hub - but more that you want. Put the blow-out ring on it and spend some time dialing in the PVS set-up and the Trophy will serve you well. The ring, 7-8 years ago, was 12 bucks. No telling what Merc. will rip you off for now.