Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    My question is, is this the first toyota this boater has fished and if not why hasnt he been turned in before? He obviously disregards rules

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

Not everyone who can afford a bass boat should be able to own and operate one. Want to see some stupidity, go captain a couple of high school tournaments and you'll see more of this than you care to; along with encroachment that would make a real pro fisherman lose his mind.
    Every level of fishing has some wanna-be pro's and they usually conduct themselves in accordance with their real IQ's.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Reading the comments for the video in Post 42 it appears both boat drivers are at fault and that the first boat just go the worst of it. Luckily no one was seriously injured.

5. Member
    Even after the boats were against the bank, and everybody else was moving to secure the safety of those involved, and their gear, the boat operator that ran over top of the other boat is still planted in the drivers seat. WTactualF.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Even after the boats were against the bank, and everybody else was moving to secure the safety of those involved, and their gear, the boat operator that ran over top of the other boat is still planted in the drivers seat. WTactualF.
    I noticed that in the first video

Possible shock but he jumped right up when the other boat owner demanded he move his boat and quickly offered a lame excuse when asked what happened
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member

8. Member
    So was the first boat running wide open as well? Sure seemed like it the way he was talking at the locks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Was just going to post the same. What a couple of an absolute idiots. Only positive that comes out of this is knowing the guy that got ran over was being an idiot and it was partially his fault too. Feel awful for the co anglers. They should’ve got out at the lock, but easy to say in hindsight.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I’m not always a fan of all the video cameras out there these days but in this case we get a much clearer picture of what happened
    Clearly both boat owners are at fault

LOL they were all friendly and laughing it up at the Lock talking about how they plan to run the no wake zones
    The guy that got run over even saying he can make it back in 30 minutes when the other guy was saying it took him 55 minutes earlier

Going to be difficult for him to file a lawsuit with that video evidence not to mention if the insurance companies see this they won’t get a penny

Last the guy that took this video was smart letting the other guy go ahead of him
    "The handicapped angler"

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    It's' not hard to find, go in the comments under the pic of the accident scene.
    Yeah it's there and all I can say is OMG an actual live video of the boat getting ran over from the perspective of the co-angler that got ran over. I'm not condemning anyone because sometimes there valuable information but we truly have become a society that films everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    Me no have Facebookie = No able to see comments or video.

I don't have FB either. If the FB page is a public page then anyone can view it but non FB members can not comment/reply. All they can do is view the content. If FB is set as private only a friend can view it.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-25-2024 at 10:55 PM.

12. Member
    I've been thinking about getting back in these tournements and was considering going as a coangler to get back in it. This was one of my concerns along with FFS. Drawing a jerk for a boater is always roll of dice. Most dont give a crap if you have opportunity to fish good water or not. Blantly breaking no wake rule and talking about it to others opens yourself up for all kinds of problems. Had a friend few years back qualified for TBF tournement as non boater. Foggy and got t-bone by another boat. Put him in the hospital for a week with serious injuries.

Word is both Boat owner have been suspended from all MLF tournaments for at least one year.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass_fi...OuBS16HOr9izd8
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Word is both Boat owner have been suspended from all MLF tournaments for at least one year.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass_fi...OuBS16HOr9izd8
    And good call on no penalties for the coanglers. This goes to show the responsibility to lawfully, safely operate the boat lies solely with the boater.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

15. Member
    MLF hasn't posted anything about this on their website.

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    MLF hasn't posted anything about this on their website.
    Probably because they don’t want it to get more attention that what it already has. I remember back several years ago FLW and Bill Taylor swept the biggest scandal ever in tournament history quietly under the rug. This is common with all leagues. Big or small they just want something negative to quietly disappear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123