Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Roper56 has a vein bulging in his forehead. Love it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Honestly, not really. I've had good days pre ffs, but it also involves way more idling and casting at nothing. For me, its way more enjoyable with livescope, and fishing is supposed to be fun.
    I completely agree. We fish St Clair as our home lake and although there are LM its all smallmouth, all the time. When using FFS I realized how much dead water there really is. Remember this is arguably a top 10 smallmouth lake every year.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

3. Member
    I think you're wrong here. When Hank and Randy were young, they embraced new tech like trolling motors or 24v trolling motors that would run for an ENTIRE 8 HOURS, or monofilament, etc. Now, entirely because they're old, set in their ways, and unwilling to make effort to learn the new tech, they just get mad and yell ban it.
    Imagine if the "olds" of their day banned trolling motors. You couldn't even get around the fish at all.

4. Member
    I don't have FFS, but I will once I'm done engineering a custom turret for the Bullet.

To me, the haters are quickly becoming the climate change crowd of bass fishing.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    at some of you guys. Look, when we say the “olds can’t adapt”. We are talking about the olds on the Bassmaster/MLF circuit. Other than Steve Kennedy, I don’t think there’s any engineers fishing. I might need to be fact checked on that, but on average, most professional anglers aren’t geniuses that could have world at NASA.

Clunn sounded pretty smart also.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    I think you're wrong here. When Hank and Randy were young, they embraced new tech like trolling motors or 24v trolling motors that would run for an ENTIRE 8 HOURS, or monofilament, etc. Now, entirely because they're old, set in their ways, and unwilling to make effort to learn the new tech, they just get mad and yell ban it.
    Imagine if the "olds" of their day banned trolling motors. You couldn't even get around the fish at all.
    See post #188.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    I would need more information before I could say the comment was from jealousy. I don't know what the interactions were. What I do know is that modern day bass fishing with its endless amount of boats, electronics, and gear has resulted in lots and lots of guys who are very concerned with trying to achieve a certain status. They are very concerned with how they "look" fishing. There's a lot of looking down one's noses at others. Cocky isn't a good look on anybody, but it's even worse when there's no basis for it. So yeah, I could see where there's satisfaction in taking their money, and it would have nothing to do with jealousy. Again, we're both speculating without enough information.

Agreed. you make valid points.

I certainly cannot speak for others only myself.

I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire a very nice bass boat with all the bells and whistles. when I was a kid the bass pro catalog was like this Sears wish book.

A bunch of shiny stuff that I could not afford.

my wife and I have made choices to forego the big house for the fun toys so we can enjoy our life.

Financially, it’s probably a dumb move, but I don’t ever regret a day on my boat or in my camper with my family.

my father died at 29 and never got the sailboat. He always wanted.

That probably has a lot to do with my decisions.

The best thing about Bass Fishing is that no matter what boat you’re fishing out of what you do for a living or how much money you have the only thing that matters is how many pounds you put on the scale.

I have met some of the best people fishing over the years and made some incredible friends.

Many of them on this message board.

I wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Well they asked Parker today straight out what he thought about FFS and he waffled, said something along the lines of: "Why can't we all just get along?" He must be running for office somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    I don't have FFS, but I will once I'm done engineering a custom turret for the Bullet.

To me, the haters are quickly becoming the climate change crowd of bass fishing.

Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    at some of you guys. Look, when we say the “olds can’t adapt”. We are talking about the olds on the Bassmaster/MLF circuit. Other than Steve Kennedy, I don’t think there’s any engineers fishing. I might need to be fact checked on that, but on average, most professional anglers aren’t geniuses that could have world at NASA.

Clunn sounded pretty smart also.
    Guess where Clunn worked before he went full time fishing !

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Agreed. you make valid points.

I certainly cannot speak for others only myself.

I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire a very nice bass boat with all the bells and whistles. when I was a kid the bass pro catalog was like this Sears wish book.

A bunch of shiny stuff that I could not afford.

my wife and I have made choices to forego the big house for the fun toys so we can enjoy our life.

Financially, it’s probably a dumb move, but I don’t ever regret a day on my boat or in my camper with my family.

my father died at 29 and never got the sailboat. He always wanted.

That probably has a lot to do with my decisions.

The best thing about Bass Fishing is that no matter what boat you’re fishing out of what you do for a living or how much money you have the only thing that matters is how many pounds you put on the scale.

I have met some of the best people fishing over the years and made some incredible friends.

Many of them on this message board.

I wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything
    Well stated. Nothing wrong with living life the way it makes you happy. Lots of things are more important than big houses.

12. Member
    Well stated. Nothing wrong with living life the way it makes you happy. Lots of things are more important than big houses.
    +100 That's how I've lived my life, thus far with very little regret.

13. Member
    I just noticed Randy has a new video up where he refers to people using FFS as having "umbilical cords." He's firing back at his critics because apparently some are calling him a crybaby. So now he references them as "spotlighters". Everybody is entitled to an opinion on the matter, but it's becoming his obsession and his identity. Typically when that happens people start tuning out. Having concerns is one thing, but it's way too early in the game to start being radical about it. Chill out Randy!

14. Member
    I agree but what's considered a big house is subjective on area you are living and money you earn.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper56 View Post
    The constant reference and insults hurled at "Olds" not being able to adapt is comical. I earned an Engineering degree before scientific calculators were even allowed on test day and some of you "youngs" couldn't figure out how to get out of your own neighborhood without Google Maps much less perform Calculous with pencil and paper. Some of you "youngs" get on here and debate ad nauseam what fricking "Bass Boat" cleaner is best for a Purple Skeeter , or ask what you should store a Senko in. Then someone asks a legitimate question and here we go , they get insulted for not doing a search because it has been discussed before as though their time was wasted clicking on the thread.

The technology that led to FFS was developed by "olds" while you young guys were still on your Momma's tit.
    Hate to tell you but the "olds" as you say made it popular. #sitontheirasscrappiefishermen! The "olds" have no one to complain about but themselves.
    Last edited by hawgsalot; 03-23-2024 at 02:19 PM.

16. Member
    I just noticed Randy has a new video up where he refers to people using FFS as having "umbilical cords." He's firing back at his critics because apparently some are calling him a crybaby. So now he references them as "spotlighters". Everybody is entitled to an opinion on the matter, but it's becoming his obsession and his identity. Typically when that happens people start tuning out. Having concerns is one thing, but it's way too early in the game to start being radical about it. Chill out Randy!
    I'm not sure why he doesn't think he'll get pushback for calling it "spotlighting, snagging, umbilical cord, etc..". Guess if the only feedback you accept is a comment section full of run on paragraphs and spelling errors you become delusional
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    Take away FFS no way teenagers weigh 20 plus pounds and beat seasoned veterans on a myriad of different lakes week after week. . FFS is not equal to an electric trolling motor or Floro vs Mono. FFS did teach us that they are out there though when not on the bank by a log..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I shake my head at people who attempt to use these advancements for boat movement/speed/maneuverability/rods and lures compare to the FFS technology. They think they are making some great debater type of point, but it is laughable and a red herring. Most weren't even around when these advancements took place, so they don't even know what was said back then. It is a ridiculous historical perspective.
    Spot on sir.

FFS is more of the electronic equivalent to an underwater camera. There’s a reason they are banned on the Elite series.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    You don't think he won't fish a tournament?

I honestly think that is the strongest way to voice your opinion, not bombarding comment sections. Like I said earlier, if livescope was banned from a tournament and it was an offshore deal, I simply wouldn't sign up. It's not the end of the world, nearly all of us don't make money fishing anyways, and it's supposed to be fun.
    I'm thinking I wouldn't care if some rando didn't sign up- and will still shake my head at them playing a Felicia on the boards announcing that they won't sign up and announcing their departure- all the while not ever having to back that up, because people still won't care until the numbers reflect a whole lot more than 1 Felicia not signing up.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    Guess where Clunn worked before he went full time fishing !

Everyone knows he did software for Exxon, try something a bit harder next time.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast