Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    There is no industry standard on line size.
    Lol, And that's why dive curves call out Line Dia, .0134 (#10 Berkley XT)

Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    Lol, And that's why dive curves call out Line Dia, .0134 (#10 Berkley XT)

Dive curves?

3. Member
    It's gonna perform exactly as one would expect a 350yd spool of $9.99 fluoro to perform.

All of us using invisx or the equivalent are gonna find it horrible; and there are just as many, probably more, guys out there accustomed to performance at the Omniflex level who will be delighted with it.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    so keep using it.
    I will
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    It's gonna perform exactly as one would expect a 350yd spool of $9.99 fluoro to perform.

All of us using invisx or the equivalent are gonna find it horrible; and there are just as many, probably more, guys out there accustomed to performance at the Omniflex level who will be delighted with it.
    ^^^Pretty much nailed it…I tried some of the cheaper flouro back in the day, absolutely sucked for me. Found a happy medium in invisx. I try to buy it with some sort of discount.

7. Member
    It seems like it took the place of vanish at walmart. I picked up a roll of 15 and 20 to try. If I only had one or two reels to fill i might not of bothered but i have a dozen or so.

8. Member
    I found 6 and 8 lb on clearance at local Wal-Mart for 6.99 spool.Yet to use it. Most likely will use for braid leader.

I'm going to wait and let you guys tell me how good it is.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I've been using Seaguar Basix and it would have to be pretty good to beat it out for cheap Floro as far as I'm concerned.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post

I've only screwed around with cheap fluoro a little bit, and it's so brittle I just would have a hard time trusting it. If price was a main concern I would just go with mono or co-poly.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Any one month updates?

13. #FRB
    For cheap flouro BPS Excel is pretty good for moving baits. Handles extremely well. Not that great in the slop but if you're not fishing for money it's still not that bad for bottom contact. Try it before you judge it. If the Big Game flouro is just rebadged Vanish it will get a hard pass from me.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    For cheap flouro BPS Excel is pretty good for moving baits. Handles extremely well. Not that great in the slop but if you're not fishing for money it's still not that bad for bottom contact. Try it before you judge it. If the Big Game flouro is just rebadged Vanish it will get a hard pass from me.
    Big Game Floro and Vanish aren't the same, the diameters are different.

15. Member
    I put some of this line on my tensile tester. It has very low stretch. Much less than stretchy fluo like invizx.

16. Member
    I’ve had it spoiled on my Carolina rig setup the past month (15lb). Not as small as Sunline but for the price I’ll continue to use it unless it starts giving me trouble. I typically use Sunline super or sniper. Not a big fan of invisx personally. I like fresh line(re-spool every couple months) so as long as it makes it another month without having bad memory like vanish it may be my new go to.

17. Member
    I added 3 spools to my latest TW order along with my usual Abrazx and Tatsu.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    I put some of this line on my tensile tester. It has very low stretch. Much less than stretchy fluo like invizx.
    I’ve always thought inzivx was incredibly stretchy. Never understood its popularity
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Big Game. The line that has the diameter of 20 lbs test but labels itself as 15. Then people think it is great because it is so strong. And full agreement with the slinky comment above. Maybe the FC will be different...
    That’s bs hell you can’t break ten pound 20 is unbreakable

The PIA about these spools is getting to the line! The spools I got had a plastic cover around the line that was 1-piece with no seam and getting that off was a WTF moment? Had to get an xacto knife out and start a little cut where the plastic met the side of the spool to get this crap off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast