Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Quick way to get rid of squatters, rent your place to the local 1% MC for a long week, squatters will be gone PDQ!
    I read someplace that renting your house out to someone is the best way to legally get rid of squatters..Basically the guy showed up with a lease and a court order and the squatters had to leave..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    This is one of the stupidest and most idiotic things that is allowed to happen in our country. I'm just dumbfounded that squatters rights are even a thing. Complete lack of common sense.

It's trespassing. Have to police tell them to leave and if they refuse then arrest them. Simple and done, but no we arrest the actual homeowner instead after she changed the locks and the squatter busted the door down. She had the deed to the house on had. He just claimed he signed a lease on the house with a realtor, but couldn't name the realtor or provide any proof.

This kind of stuff just pisses me off

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nyc-homeo...194413776.html
    so an "illegal" spreading the word on social media saying "there is a law that if a house is not inhabited, we can seize it" refeering to squatters rights law in progressive states.

That guy who busts down the door breaking back in would have had a bad case of lead poisoning if that was my house.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    That guy who busts down the door breaking back in would have had a bad case of lead poisoning if that was my house.
    While I would love to agree 100% it is New York and you would probably spend the rest of your life in prison.

6. Member
    This country has become a complete mess when it comes to laws. So sad. No need to look any further than the “lawmakers”.

How is this allowed to happen in our country?!?!? If you're in my house and I dont know you, I will shoot you dead. Period.

Better to burn it down with them in it, rebuild.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

9. Member
    This sends a clear message. NY is not a place to own property or do business anymore. There are better places now.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

It is NY. enough said.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie150 View Post
    No way am I allowing this to happen in my home. You will take me away in handcuffs and them squatters...to the hospital. Absolute bull$**t. How did squatters rights ever become law? Common sense tells you they're trespassing and it's illegal ..DOH!!!....that's why...illegal. What was I thinking...if you're here illegally and living somewhere..illegally...you have more rights then the homeowner or legal citizens of the USA. Common sense doesn't exist anymore. Sorry!!!
    Get upset all you want.... You still lose, just like the lady in the article. Go ahead and get your electric vehicle now, once we get through his second term, there will be charging stations at all the boat ramps so anglers can get home after fishing. FFS argument will be LONG GONE. The new discussions here will be figuring out how to get to a lake further than 300 mi away without taking 4 days to make this trip possible. The "good ol days" will be when we traveled 1000 mi to a dream lake and fished for 3 days and then went home. Now it will be 3 days travel with 1 day fishing and 3 days travel back. At least we won't have a footprint from vehicles anymore, we will just have more big things in the sky, closer to the ozone, creating the footprint instead. You know the John Kerry and Taylor Swift way.

As a side note to all the people that offer the many prayers for all sorts of reasons on this forum but never get a chance to witness what they know. I posted this thread in the "Increase our faith" forum asking, "What Would Jesus do" with squatters? Stop in if he is your savior and share your opinion. Don't respond religiously to this here.
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine

13. Member
    Change the locks and dont tell anyone, let them go to the police with their BS story and them come out and see what story is then when they cant produce any type of lease agreement, mortgage statement, etc.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTI0384 View Post
    First step: Don't tell anyone about your squatter problem, that's everyone's first mistake

Second step: Eliminate the squatters yourself, permanently.
    and make sure they have a weapon in their hand when all said and done.

15. Member
    Where's the LEO with a set to tell the upper echelon you want the homeowner arrested, go arrest her.
    Proverbs 28:1

16. Member
    Rottweilers pitbulls and Dobermans.

17. Member
    I would imagine the counties in the states that cater to squatters are all liberal.

18. Member
    It's crap and it's going to get worse

19. #FRB
    It's never been a better time to be a menace to society. Unfortunate for those of us who are honest HARD WORKING people.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    This sends a clear message. NY is not a place to own property or do business anymore. There are better places now.
    Yep.
    ________
    $8

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast