Clearing things Up

First I want to say that I was wrong on a statement, for which I could not find, about Quest and Non Quest troll motor related to GPS Systems. Slydoogie was totally correct in his statement and i was wrong. Since I made that statement I was educated and have an understanding of what is right and needed. I am by no means an expert and I am wrong from time to time and put my foot in my mouth instead of on the ground. I do make mistakes.

All new 2023 to present Quest and Intruder troll motors with the new advance GPS will not require a heading sensor(The Puck) for operation.

If you have a 2023 and earlier model Ultrex, terrova, Ulterra and and the brushed motor 2024 Model and you have or change to the advance GPS then the Puck will be required. There is no GPS upgrade it. This is the Quote from my source:

There isn't supposed to be an Advanced GPS upgrade... Micro remotes, heading sensors, and foot pedals don’t care if they are connected to Advanced GPS, i-Pilot, or i-Pilot Link, so despite graphics changes and part number changes those would not have to be replaced. The full remote would need to be replaced by either the new full remote or use of the app on a smartphone. The connector at the control box for Ethernet is swapped from female to male, so an Ethernet cable will also be required to retain Humminbird connectivity.
    The link I have attached Is a good read and If you want to have info on this feature then it is a good read. You will also notice that there are some drop down screens across the top. The support screen is jammed pack with all the info you need for any Minn Kota product you may purchased.

https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com...y/advanced-gps

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Brad,

Thanks for the information and also for all the help you provide. It is very helpful and I appreciate it.

G'day

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stradic4 View Post
    Brad,

Thanks for the information and also for all the help you provide. It is very helpful and I appreciate it.

G'day

Brad,

G'day

5. Member
    Brad,

G'day

We all make mistakes. I’m almost 66YO and I find myself making more everyday.

6. Member
    Thanks to all