Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Gotta win that $$$$
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Another post accident view.

It occured in the Apopka Beauclair canal.

Damn…we call that a ditch around here. What an idiot in one of those boats.

3. Member
    WOW!
    No doubt that dude should be locked up. Liable criminally and civilly. If you break the law and do something that stupid and end up hurting someone. You get the max the law allows.

Question, Wouldn't blowing through a no wake zone be considered cheating? Just like breaking any other rule? Aren't you gaining advantage (time to fish) that others are not by idling in said areas?

4. Member

From the looks of the two boats, maybe he just set down on the back of it as he came off pad. Missing a power pole & maybe some damage to outboard. Have we heard whether all were ok? Seems improbable...

That boat should be in an impound lot right now
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Update from a friend that was in the event, one injured but not seriously the driver was running the no wake and ran up on the boat idling in front. The angler was DQed from the tournament.

7. Member
    Fully wrapped boat, 6K in tournament winnings over 50 tournaments, running full out in a ditch, yup this story checks out

Thankfully nobody got hurt. But the dude needs to sit out from tournament fishing for a while and get some perspective.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBoogie View Post
    Looks like MLF is allowing Mark Succi to compete again today. As much as I have stood behind MLF in the past, I can't anymore. MLF has really shown their true colors the last few years. How in the hell can an organization allow that dude to fish again today after his actions yesterday. ASSUMING he is fishing because he is shown paired up today on their site.

There was a fatality this year at a college event. The driver of the boat in which caused the said fatality is still fishing, fished the Toyota on Ky lake recently. It's a shame we only hear bits and pieces of such accidents and therefore we can only form our own opinions, some of which are terribly wrong. However with that said how many more lies, wrecks, cheats, and misfortunes can MLF live with?

Black eyes and Band-Aids that's todays world of Bass Fishing.
    Nothing like making assumptions without facts to start stirring things up so be sure to post a retraction when you discover your assumptions were wrong.

9. Member
    That looks like law enforcement up the bank.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Nothing like making assumptions without facts to start stirring things up so be sure to post a retraction when you discover your assumptions were wrong.
    He did make the coviat, ASSUMING that he is allowed to fish.So maybe lighten up on the dude.

Apparently it was around the railroad bridge / 448 bridge area - coming around one of the curves. From that pic I would guess right around the railroad bridge.

Also odd that the TM is deployed, unless that happened as part of the accident or after...
    Last edited by 78Staff; 03-20-2024 at 06:55 PM.

12. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Man that is a really narrow canal to be running hard in. I guess I envisioned a much larger area but there is not much room for error.

As far as the insurance question, there’s really no degrees of dumbass legally in the boat policy like the auto policy. As dumb as that is running on plane in an area that’s posted no wake, his boat insurance will pay for property damage and liability. It’s really no different than texting while driving and running a stop sign all while speeding. Even in Ma if someone has a DUI wreck, the carrier will cover the third party up to the policy limits however could decline coverage for the operators own car due to the DUI. The third party is mostly always covered. I’ve been an insurance agent for 20+ years. Having said that I have yet to an exclusion for tournament fishing. Commercial fishing yes. Guiding yes. Chatters yes....I’ve seen those exclusions. My issue is the HP and speed of my boat and I’ve had a few carriers since 1995.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

At some point information will come out as to what caused the collision. I just hope no one was killed or severely injured. For sure speed was a factor unless someone had a blackout incident.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    He did make the coviat, ASSUMING that he is allowed to fish.So maybe lighten up on the dude.
    Marlon haven’t you had enough for today after dealing with Musky for most of it?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Marlon haven’t you had enough for today after dealing with Musky for most of it?

lite work…….

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    That looks like law enforcement up the bank.
    Possibly.. looks like 1 in body armor.. the other 2 look like paramedics/emt..

lite work…….

An example of your "lite work":

Uh Uh Uh I know you are but what am I

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    An example of your "lite work":
    yeah but I’m rubber and you’re glue.

19. Member
    There is a simple fix for tournament guys. Just like a guy who gets caught cheating gets banned from every trail. The driver of the boat maybe should just get banned because he is too stupid, too much of a liability, and a hazard to all the others doing this right. Just be done with guys like this and move on.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Putting the boat on plane and driving at full throttle to fish a spot 500 yards away doesn’t look good, and it happens all the time, even in practice, or outside of competition.
    Depends where you’re talking about.

If you’re at Santee Cooper fishing Lake Moultrie, there’s nothing wrong with that.

This guy looks like was running WAO in what appears to be an oversized drainage ditch.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast