Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Part of the reason that I moved out of the big city areas

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Part of the reason that I moved out of the big city areas
    Never underestimate the stupidity of suburban or rural drivers.

3. Member
    Road rage nothing new. I served on a grand jury in mid 80s that indicted a guy for murder for shooting the driver he followed off the interstate after back and forth trading hi-beams on the interstate. The dead guy had gotten out of his car and walked back to the drivers side of the car that followed him off. Bad moves by both parties.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Road rage requires two people willing to act similarly.
    No, it does not. It requires ONE person to act like an idiot.

I was in court in Starke FL two days ago (Monday morning) giving a victim impact statement in regards to the fella that shot at me twice last year driving on US 301. I was guilty of tapping my horn ( not what I would consider a Honk even, a very quick tap) when he sat through a green light until it cycled. He was the first vehicle, I was second. A line of cars behinds us. All of us turning left from a two lane state road (CR218) onto a 4 lane divided highway. When he moved forward, I began to pull forward until he stopped abruptly, leaving me sitting behind him in the middle of a 4 lane highway with oncoming traffic. I attempted to go around him on his left to get out out of the road, when he flipped me off and motioned to pull over, then pulled forward while turning into me, forcing me into the grass median. I gave him time to get down the road, driving about 30 miles an hour so he could just move on. He chose to drive slower causing me to catch up. Traffic had caught up to me at this point so I needed to accelerate, and once I was beside him he pulled a gun and pointed it at me. That is when I decided I needed to get on down the road. He then chased me, while I was on the phone with 911, and shot twice. We were both in excess of 110 mph, with me just trying to evade him until I could reach the next town where I knew there would be a police officer ( Lawtey, speed trap USA). I pulled into a parking lot when I saw an officer with blue lights on and writing a ticket, and the guy that shot at me also pulled. They found the gun, two casings, a half empty bottle of booze, and suspended drivers license. He was arrested, trial was set for this week. After his attorney took my deposition Friday afternoon, listened to the 911 call, and looked at the past record of his 33 year old client with 9 arrests since 2010, he convinced him to change his not guilty plea to no contest. The judge sentenced him to two years prison, followed by three years probation after release with two monthly random drug tests, fines and completion of alcohol/drug programs, and a few other stipulations.
    I did nothing to escalate the situation aside from tapping my horn at a distracted driver once the traffic light cycled through. So no, road rage does NOT require two people to act similarly.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LMRunner View Post
    Road rage nothing new. I served on a grand jury in mid 80s that indicted a guy for murder for shooting the driver he followed off the interstate after back and forth trading hi-beams on the interstate. The dead guy had gotten out of his car and walked back to the drivers side of the car that followed him off. Bad moves by both parties.
    People should be able to give and receive ass whippins without having to resort to using weapons. I have been enraged from other drivers doing stupid shit to the point that I would and would engage in a fight if needed but never once have I felt an urge to use a weapon on someone.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

6. Member
    not good....

7. Member
    Many years ago, I had an experience with a little red corvette cutting me off at a turn, went right around me and then stomped on the brakes. Back then there wasn't much traffic, and this clown kept pushing it. The one thing that really sent me over the edge was, his woman making the BJ action as he passed me and then gave me the finger over the roof of the car.
    We came to a place where he couldn't get away, so I blocked him in and jumped out of my car ,and before he could do anything I smacked him on the ear with the palm of my hand, he was basically trying to figure out what happened and hurting real bad. But I drug him out of his car and beat him to a pulp.I left him laying where he was and went around to dumb b!@# and asked her if she would like some of what he just got. He started to come around and I leaned over and told him "that's what you get when your bi@$ gives someone the finger and makes the BJ at them "! It was a real low point in my life. I had just returned from Vietnam and was pissed off at the whole world and that was only one of many bad things that I enjoyed at that time.
    I was never arrested, but I was surely well known by local PD. It wasn't until I realized that I definitely had issues. I met my second wife and I realized that I had to make a decision, she made it for me and I have regretted what I had done. We've been married for forty-five years now and I never acted like that and wouldn't even entertain those thoughts, especially in today's society. But it seems like people just don't care what they do, especially with all of the teenagers shooting at anyone they don't like and for no reason either.

8. Member
    I post a PSA on social media every few months. "Driving within a couple inches of my rear bumper isn't going to make the car in front of me go any faster".

I drive 20 miles to and from work every day. Mostly Interstate. I see some pretty stupid stuff. I've had people giving me the finger ect when they see me laughing.

I had the strangest thing happen one morning a while back. I still haven't figured this one out. I wasn't on the Interstate yet. I was on a road that had just went from 2 lanes to 4. I was in the right lane going somewhere around the speed limit. I guy on a motorcycle came flying around me, swooped in front of me and brake checked me. I'm in a full size pickup, he's on a motorcycle. If it weren't for my cat like reflexes he'd have been a hood ornament. I don't have a camera.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by FishnPicker View Post

I was in court in Starke FL two days ago (Monday morning) giving a victim impact statement in regards to the fella that shot at me twice last year driving on US 301. I was guilty of tapping my horn ( not what I would consider a Honk even, a very quick tap) when he sat through a green light until it cycled. He was the first vehicle, I was second. A line of cars behinds us. All of us turning left from a two lane state road (CR218) onto a 4 lane divided highway. When he moved forward, I began to pull forward until he stopped abruptly, leaving me sitting behind him in the middle of a 4 lane highway with oncoming traffic. I attempted to go around him on his left to get out out of the road, when he flipped me off and motioned to pull over, then pulled forward while turning into me, forcing me into the grass median. I gave him time to get down the road, driving about 30 miles an hour so he could just move on. He chose to drive slower causing me to catch up. Traffic had caught up to me at this point so I needed to accelerate, and once I was beside him he pulled a gun and pointed it at me. That is when I decided I needed to get on down the road. He then chased me, while I was on the phone with 911, and shot twice. We were both in excess of 110 mph, with me just trying to evade him until I could reach the next town where I knew there would be a police officer ( Lawtey, speed trap USA). I pulled into a parking lot when I saw an officer with blue lights on and writing a ticket, and the guy that shot at me also pulled. They found the gun, two casings, a half empty bottle of booze, and suspended drivers license. He was arrested, trial was set for this week. After his attorney took my deposition Friday afternoon, listened to the 911 call, and looked at the past record of his 33 year old client with 9 arrests since 2010, he convinced him to change his not guilty plea to no contest. The judge sentenced him to two years prison, followed by three years probation after release with two monthly random drug tests, fines and completion of alcohol/drug programs, and a few other stipulations.
    I did nothing to escalate the situation aside from tapping my horn at a distracted driver once the traffic light cycled through. So no, road rage does NOT require two people to act similarly.
    Thankful you survived this traumatic incident and sorry you had to relive it again in court. There are more disturbing individuals out there like that than we realize glad that his lawyer pursued the no contest plea. Hopefully this idiot will get his life together and won’t put another innocent person in danger.

10. Member
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    The other day some idiot sat at a red light waiting until it was green to turn right, blocking a whole line of cars behind them that were also trying to turn right. When it turned green I got in front of him and blacked out the the whole road for 1/4 mile.
    Idiot would seem to be you from what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by FishnPicker View Post

you are absolutely correct, it only takes one ahole to wig out and decide to create chaos. I'm very happy you didn't get killed or anyone else, that guy was a loose cannon. He got off lightly imo.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    seems to be too many coal rollers having fun at the expense of everyone else on the road. just because you can doesn't mean you should. some are doing it to be clowns.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

14. Member
    Florida law(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.
    My Glock
    would have come in handy.

15. Get'n it done
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    seems to be too many coal rollers having fun at the expense of everyone else on the road. just because you can doesn't mean you should. some are doing it to be clowns.
    I hate people that coal roll. Makes me paranoid to drive my diesel and brings more attention to them. Time and a place for everything
    Steven Shamblin
    2003 Triton TR-22 / Evinrude 225H/O

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Well you would be wrong then, I wasn't the one holding up traffic at a red light like a fool.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Well you would be wrong then, I wasn't the one holding up traffic at a red light like a fool.
    Did you honk your horn to move them along while sitting there?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Did you honk your horn to move them along while sitting there?
    No I was a few cars back.

There's full time right on red intersections and there's restricted ones (not allowed in school area when kids are present etc) .... by chance was it one of those ?
    Ranting incoherently

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    There's full time right on red intersections and there's restricted ones (not allowed in school area when kids are present etc) .... by chance was it one of those ?
    No, I have been driving the same road all my life. Some idiot who shouldn't be on the road is what it boils down tom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast