What is this trim with rubber edging called?

I have 10 openings on the top cap/deck of my boat with this trim that has rubber sealer/cushion attached to it.

Some of the compartments seem like I could just use some Polyurethane type caulking to secure the rubber that has broken loose from the trim edging. However some of the rubber trim bushings are too far gone or missing.

Does anyone know what this trim is called and who has the best prices for it?

20240319_125120.jpg20240319_125125.jpg20240319_125147.jpg20240319_125221.jpg20240319_125231.jpg20240319_125226.jpg
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Member
    Junk

Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    Dang that was fast. Thank you :) Now I have to measure the thickness of the fiber glass to make sure I get the correct fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Junk
    what is junk and what is your solution?

7. Member
    Wonder if sizes are standard for bass boats or if each one is different?

Bass Cat sells it in their store.
    https://basscatstore.com/bubbletrim.aspx

P01135809

Use this to install the new or to re-glue your existing. You can get it at Walmart or any parts store.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    what is junk and what is your solution?
    I was just poking. That stuff always comes apart. The easiest thing to do is just replace it with what the guys already posted the link to

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Use this to install the new or to re-glue your existing. You can get it at Walmart or any parts store.

Ok 3M makes good stuff. I'm wondering how it would be better than some exterior Polyurethane caulking. Not saying you are wrong and I will definitely look into this 3M goop your referencing when I sober up. Though Polyurethane is some pretty heavy duty sheet. Thanks for the suggestion

12. Member
    I'd rather use some black adhesive sealant from auto store

Years ago I tried everything to get my trim to stay on . Finally I bored a small hole through the fiberglass at the edge of the trim. Then I took a small black zip tie push it through the hole and around the trim. Pull it tight then turn the big end to the bottom where you can't see it. Did this around 20 years ago and it is still holding. I submitted this idea to Bassmaster and won a Harry and Charlie hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    Ok 3M makes good stuff. I'm wondering how it would be better than some exterior Polyurethane caulking. Not saying you are wrong and I will definitely look into this 3M goop your referencing when I sober up. Though Polyurethane is some pretty heavy duty sheet. Thanks for the suggestion
    First of all it's not goop as you said. It's designed to install rubber weather stripping. If you want to give something else a shot go ahead but I prefer to use something that's proven. I have used this in the past and it works great. You do you though.

15. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Just make sure to get the right one as some go on the top of the compartment and some go on the side ,depending on which style you have . I re-did mine when I replaced my carpet about 8yrs ago and still all good ,but I got mine from Cabela's back then
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

16. Member
    Some good Goo-gone type stuff before applying always helps too...........

17. Member

This is what I used to fix two of my lockers. Exact same trim piece you have. Has held up great going on 3 years now..

18. Member
    I've tried the 3m adhesive several times on mine and it hasn't held. My trim has the bulb on top instead of the side so it has pressure on it whenever lids are closed. I've always used the 3m in my body shop for over 30 years with success but this is a different beast. Gonna order me some new trim.

First of all it's not goop as you said. It's designed to install rubber weather stripping. If you want to give something else a shot go ahead but I prefer to use something that's proven. I have used this in the past and it works great. You do you though.
    Sounds good Thank you. I used the term goop loosely as a name for the product you suggested with no intentions of insulting or down playing the 3M products ability. I see it has a part number in the lower right corner of 03602 and verbiage on the upper right corner that says “ Stage 2”. Does Stage 2 imply that they have a Stage one that is supposed to be used to prep the surface prior to using this 3M 03602 weather stripping sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    Years ago I tried everything to get my trim to stay on . Finally I bored a small hole through the fiberglass at the edge of the trim. Then I took a small black zip tie push it through the hole and around the trim. Pull it tight then turn the big end to the bottom where you can't see it. Did this around 20 years ago and it is still holding. I submitted this idea to Bassmaster and won a Harry and Charlie hat.
    Thank you.

Do you have any pictures to share to give a better visual of the repair solution you are suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Just make sure to get the right one as some go on the top of the compartment and some go on the side ,depending on which style you have . I re-did mine when I replaced my carpet about 8yrs ago and still all good ,but I got mine from Cabela's back then
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I've tried the 3m adhesive several times on mine and it hasn't held. My trim has the bulb on top instead of the side so it has pressure on it whenever lids are closed. I've always used the 3m in my body shop for over 30 years with success but this is a different beast. Gonna order me some new trim.
    Noted, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Some good Goo-gone type stuff before applying always helps too...........
    Thank you

That Goo-gone, is it pretty much the same as Acetone with some other ingredients in the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Bass Cat sells it in their store.
    https://basscatstore.com/bubbletrim.aspx
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Delta Bass Fool; 03-20-2024 at 10:17 AM.