Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Wes Logan is really the only one I've heard bellyaching about it that is younger. "Its making average anglers look like superstars". Well he is pretty much the definition of an average (elite) angler. No reason why he couldn't have gotten better with it.

Bryan New is a crybaby too. He says, “it’s not real fishing”.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Some of the small states with small waterbodies are probably looking at FFS right now.
    Yea, while they're on the front deck of the boat fishing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    It is still fishing. It’s now sight fishing all the time. Some are good at it and some are lucky. Remember there are plenty of Florida and other spawning events where some people are saying they are good or bad at sight fishing. Sight fishing is the epitome of fishing. Get them to react and then catch them or don’t. Right? The first few events were the easiest scoping events. If you didn’t want to do it then I don’t know how to help you.

4. Member
    With 4 graphs on the front, just to try to force a rule change lol
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I believe there were those who thought they could win without it. It has finally sunk in that they have very little chance. Venue is a factor too. Couple of FL tourneys in the Elite series after Grand, maybe in those FFS won't be a factor.
    That is a good point. And I bet as fish get up shallow and guys know they can win sight fishing and stuff, it won't be as big of a factor as it has been this season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    I looked at the list of qualifiers and can’t really come up with anyone I think it could be, not too many olds in the bunch. Anyone know who it could of been who said that?
    I very well could be wrong but my tin foil hat theory says the guy in 73rd place in last year AOY race said it. I was a little reluctant to reply to this thread because it’s just feeding him like a troll. His comments have already spawned 9 pages deep already on this site. Hard to say how many extra YouTube hit it got because of the chatter. It’s somewhat like Randy saying silly stuff just to get views. No offense to Caleb as a person but if he was in the classic and had a ton of YouTube, Facebook and Instagram followers I doubt very serious he would make such a crazy statement.

People going to sit out of the event that has the reputation as being the crown jewel of the sport that has a free entry fee and last place pays 10k because live sonar is being allowed. For those that believe that one I have some swamp land in the Himalaya mountains I would sell for $100 an acre.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    id give that to Jason Christie, the 2017 St Clair win he attributes to FFS. He was one of the first, if not the first pro to get Garmin panoptix
    Hollywood won at Lake Cumberland in April 2017 using Panoptics. You can find FLW YouTube videos and he’s talking about Panoptics. This is the transducer that was soon updated and called LVS 32 and now it’s updated and called LVS 34. Hollywood’s win exposed live sonar. In August of 2017 Jason Christie won at ST. Clair using Panoptics. This is when the geni was let out of the bottle and started to get noticed. Early on in 2017 only 5 Garmin pro staff members got Panoptics. Heck Ol Luke Dunkin was actually one of the 5 Garmin pro staff members to ever have live sonar in early 2017. Yes Hollywood won first but it was the win at ST. Clair with Christie that got people talking about livevsonar.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-20-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Hollywood won at Lake Cumberland in April 2017 using Panoptics. You can find FLW YouTube videos and he’s talking about Panoptics. This is the transducer that was soon updated and called LVS 32 and now it’s updated and called LVS 34. Hollywood’s win exposed live sonar. In August of 2017 Jason Christie won at ST. Clair using Panoptics. This is when the geni was let out of the bottle and started to get noticed. Early on in 2017 only 5 Garmin pro staff members got Panoptics. Heck Ol Luck Dunkin was actually one of the 5 Garmin pro staff members to ever have live sonar in early 2017. Yes Hollywood won first but it was the win at STClair with Christie that got people talking about livevsonar.
    With that being said were is Luke Dunkins win? Who are the other garmin pro staff and what wins do they have that can be attributed to panoptics? Dunkins record shows a 16th place finish at lake chickamauga in 2019
    Last edited by vaw121; 03-20-2024 at 03:16 AM.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

9. Member
    NEWS FLASH AUSTIN TEXAS!!!!!

State Representative Huxley Farnsworth (D-Collin County) has proposed new regulations on boating safety to the State Senate.

It states: Due to the recent uptick in high performance boat collisions, fatalaties and injuries, there shall be a restriction to the amount of vision degradation allowed on the forward 20% of said vehicles. On any vessel whose rated horsepower divided by length that exceeds a factor of 10, no objects may extend above the normal top rail of said vessel excepting alternate motivation devices. Navigation devices are allowed with a total diagonal measurement not to exceed 12 inches.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    No way for any tournament to be a tie. Come on now. The recent Toledo Bend tournament was a prime example. The top 15 guys all were fishing suspended bass, all but one in the same stretch of creek...LOL. If you made the Top 10, you were trolling around with your eyes glued to that sonar in that creek.
    Yet only one Angler was able to keep it all together for 4 days in order to win the Blue Trophy. He simply must have had more technology on his boat than the other guy. Or was it luck?? Must have been luck.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post

State Representative Huxley Farnsworth (D-Collin County) has proposed new regulations on boating safety to the State Senate.

It states: Due to the recent uptick in high performance boat collisions, fatalaties and injuries, there shall be a restriction to the amount of vision degradation allowed on the forward 20% of said vehicles. On any vessel whose rated horsepower divided by length that exceeds a factor of 10, no objects may extend above the normal top rail of said vessel excepting alternate motivation devices. Navigation devices are allowed with a total diagonal measurement not to exceed 12 inches.

Meh, don’t see it happening, but we do have a law now that requires a kill switch to be hooked up when on plane. Maybe this is to stop those graphs that stick up 2’ in the air, the ones those crappie guys tend to use. I’m still doubtful it happens.

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    With that being said were is Luke Dunkins win? Who are the other garmin pro staff and what wins do they have that can be attributed to panoptics? Dunkins record shows a 16th place finish at lake chickamauga in 2019
    Within the last month or so Luke talk about how he was one of the 5 Garmin Pro staffers to get it in the beginning. It’s in one of his podcasts but I don’t recall which one but it was within last few weeks. He even said he had no idea how to use it and even made the comment if he knew what the future was to be he would have lean more about it in the infancy. He even joked he and his dad should have won everything they fish if they knew how to use it because for a long time they was the only one at local tournaments that had it. He never mentioned all 5 names that got the first version of Panoptics but 3 of them was him, Hollywood and Christie.

Meh, don’t see it happening, but we do have a law now that requires a kill switch to be hooked up when on plane. Maybe this is to stop those graphs that stick up 2’ in the air, the ones those crappie guys tend to use. I’m still doubtful it happens.

My question is where are all these bass boat accidents happening in Texzs. You might hear of 1 or 2 per year if that. It seems this might be in reference to ski and wake boats. There is always something happening on lakes like Lewisville etc involving ski and wake boats.

14. Member
    Was the source for these stats the Randy Blauket comment section?
    I was thinking the same thing. We’re gonna lose 85 million jobs NEXT YEAR?? lol.

15. Member

Good thinking and way to keep us safe Rep.! I'm developing a new floor mount now for large NAV screens!

phone.jpg
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I very well could be wrong but my tin foil hat theory says the guy in 73rd place in last year AOY race said it. I was a little reluctant to reply to this thread because it’s just feeding him like a troll. His comments have already spawned 9 pages deep already on this site. Hard to say how many extra YouTube hit it got because of the chatter. It’s somewhat like Randy saying silly stuff just to get views. No offense to Caleb as a person but if he was in the classic and had a ton of YouTube, Facebook and Instagram followers I doubt very serious he would make such a crazy statement.

People going to sit out of the event that has the reputation as being the crown jewel of the sport that has a free entry fee and last place pays 10k because live sonar is being allowed. For those that believe that one I have some swamp land in the Himalaya mountains I would sell for $100 an acre.
    I looked over the Classic roster, the only names I can see having that strong of feelings were Brock Mosely, Canterberry and Windelandt. I can’t see that coming from Clark and seems most likely to be mosely, Caleb’s roommate….

I feel like this legislation, when passed, will help propel Representative Huxley Farnsworth to much higher office in the future.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I looked over the Classic roster, the only names I can see having that strong of feelings were Brock Mosely, Canterberry and Windelandt. I can’t see that coming from Clark and seems most likely to be mosely, Caleb’s roommate….
    I'm not trying to be a jerk or single guys out, but even if all three of the guys decided to boycott I have serious doubts its would do anything except negatively affect their own careers.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Like I've said before, if it were your job on the line because some kid can read a computer better than you I sure it would be a different story. It will be just another boring fishing tournament.

20. Member
    I'm not trying to be a jerk or single guys out, but even if all three of the guys decided to boycott I have serious doubts its would do anything except negatively affect their own careers.
    This. Strikes don't really work with only like 5% participation

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast