Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Hey Musky!!
    “My dad could beat up your dad…”

I strongly suspect they both would rather have a beer and discuss what idiots we are for thinking up stuff like that.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Willing to bet that 19yr old would whoop you on any lake of your choosing with or without FFS.
    I do rivers. He might know still water but tidal is a whole different ball game. It would be different that's fer shur.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

I strongly suspect they both would rather have a beer and discuss what idiots we are for thinking up stuff like that.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    How old are you?
    I’d say about 15.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I’d say about 15.
    My guess was 20 max, but he responded he was 47. His lack of thoughtful posts, poor grammar and boner for FFS sure had me fooled too.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    My guess was 20 max, but he responded he was 47. His lack of thoughtful posts, poor grammar and boner for FFS sure had me fooled too.

Lack of thoughtful post? I was the only one to describe why I like them showing the FFS.

Poor grammar? Where was that exactly?

Boner for FFS? Nah, I’m just not like you snowflakes that want every statue removed because it hurts your feelings. Poor cancel culture Tigercat.

El Tígre Gato, why do you tell us your age and why you don’t like FFS tournaments.
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 03-21-2024 at 06:05 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Can you name the last 5 Bassmaster Classic champions and their age?

Last 5 off the top of my head? No. I know Gustafson won and he’s probably around 40ish. Evers was probably mid 40’s when he won. Hank Cherry, I would think is late 40’s. Jason Christie was maybe mid 40’s. Thats all I can currently think of, without looking them up.

8. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    This post is hilarious.

Who cares if some of them don’t fish or quit.

Shouldn’t effect anyone on here.😂

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Spoken like a true old geezer, the old guys are getting spanked and have been for years on the pro circuit. How many guys over 40 have won in the last 5 years? Maybe 2.
    See post #271.

10. Member
    Last 5 off the top of my head? No. I know Gustafson won and he’s probably around 40ish. Evers was probably mid 40’s when he won. Hank Cherry, I would think is late 40’s. Jason Christie was maybe mid 40’s. Thats all I can currently think of, without looking them up.

last 5.jpg
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

11. Member
    I have it and love it but can't blame them for being upset. Spend years honing a skill set only to be replaced by technology. Its got to sting.

Quote Originally Posted by 929nitro View Post
    I have it and love it but can't blame them for being upset. Spend years honing a skill set only to be replaced by technology. It’s got to sting.
    Hell that’s a lot of people in the workforce now.

13. Member
    So for the past 40 years the 10 or so young rookies have dominated the pro tours............. I must have missed all that. I do see it changing rapidly in the last few years, I wonder why???

14. Member
    Lack of thoughtful post? I was the only one to describe why I like them showing the FFS.

Poor grammar? Where was that exactly?

Boner for FFS? Nah, I’m just not like you snowflakes that want every statue removed because it hurts your feelings. Poor cancel culture Tigercat.

El Tígre Gato, why do you tell us your age and why you don’t like FFS tournaments.
    Show me a FFS statue and I’ll be the first to tear it down. Other than that, you could not be more wrong. My age, as well as my name, is in my profile. You should update yours.

As for my stance on FFS, I’m not someone who can’t understand or can’t afford it. I’m proficient with the technology. I love tournament bass fishing. I always have. I’m a competitive person and tournament fishing, in one form or another, has been my conduit.

My sentiment towards FFS has evolved over the years, from novelty to situational to totally changing tournament bass fishing. When its effectiveness in shallow water was highlighted more and more the last couple of years, my perception of it started to change. I haven’t even necessarily been anti, I’ve just had concerns; various ones. But if lines are drawn, I’ll be in the anti crowd. I’ll fish tournaments with it, and if anything changes in the future, I think I’ll welcome it. I just don’t like being forced into a one dimensional technique to compete.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    From a philosophical stand point, for the continuation of the species, I wonder if some of those bass out there in the middle were never meant to be caught.
    Well, Buck Perry made a living for years extolling the virtues of fishing offshore with his Spoonplug.

I think the technology that really opened up offshore fishing was GPS and mapping. FFS will just refine that more.

16. Member
    I watched the elite show from two years ago where Jason Christie almost runs his boat out of gas on the Sabine and catches all his fish with a spinner bait in about six inches of water. Super refreshing…
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

17. Member
    Jason said that when he filled his boat with gas the night before the last day of that event he actually pulled his boat up on wood blocks on one side at a time so that he could every last possible drop of fuel in those tanks to make the run. Had to think a little to make it happen.

18. Member
    [QUOTE=Basskicker907;13433022]Willing to bet that 19yr old would whoop you on any lake of your choosing with or without FFS.[/QUOTE

I really like this kid. But you can’t be serious

Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    I watched the elite show from two years ago where Jason Christie almost runs his boat out of gas on the Sabine and catches all his fish with a spinner bait in about six inches of water. Super refreshing…
    But it was a dinkfest.

20. Member
    “You think you’re in the hamburger business. You’re in the real estate business”.

Professional and Promotional circuit competitors struggle with the realization that they’re basically independent method actors in the entertainment sector and not in the fishing business with an inability to distinguish whom is the product and whom is the consumer. When stage performance negatively impacts monetized entertainment value, and the results can be fairly predictable…

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415