Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I’ll round up to 47 and yes, I’d rather watch them broadcast the anglers screen on the tv, than to watch a guy throwing at stumps all day while catching nothing. Seeing the fish on the graph, the angler throwing his bait out to the fish and seeing how the fish reacts to the bait, is more exciting than seeing absolutely nothing.

If they were catching 10-15lbs on average at Fork, using the “old” method. Would it have been exciting to you?
    With all due respect, there is no way in heck 10-15lb on fork would’ve competed no matter if ffs was there or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Apathy is a good description. 33 years of looking forward to the competing is dwindling fast. I think the point that people are not grasping is that the FFS has formed its own legion. It’s not about fear of change or being too lazy it’s about having the game taken over by a legion. The game is no longer the same. The game that I played is gone. I agree with Castledine when he stated that as he grew into being a proficient angler he only had to beat the competition. I felt the same way. The legion of the FFS has usurped the game. It’s as plain as that. I chose not to bow to a screen. IMO the cat is out of the bag and the game I played is long gone. I have no desire to conform. The screen has turned the old game into a farce.
    Yea it’s all good tho brother. Heck I tried to conform, did for about 2.5 years. Just burnt me out but I’m sure plenty of people just can’t get enough of it. I’ve had more than I care to have lol

3. Member
    I would love to see an old timer with 1 unit on his bow and 1 unit on the console (without FFS), win the tournament !

4. Member
    It's funny on Mercer's podcast this week he mentioned an angler came up to him talking about skipping the classic to protest FFS, and he kind of chuckled and mentioned he doubts it's gonna happen. Christie and Gussy let the whiners have it in the podcast.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Apathy is a good description. 33 years of looking forward to the competing is dwindling fast.............................................. . ....................................... I ...........I have no desire to conform. The screen has turned the old game into a farce.
    19 year olds winning majors.............The screen has turned competition fishing into a VIDEO GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It's funny on Mercer's podcast this week he mentioned an angler came up to him talking about skipping the classic to protest FFS, and he kind of chuckled and mentioned he doubts it's gonna happen. Christie and Gussy let the whiners have it in the podcast.
    Tbh if you are sponsored by humminbird and Garmin (both anglers are sponsored by those) they have an obligation to not say anything bad about it in public unless they want that money yanked away from them. They may truly feel like that, but it’s like waiting for a Chevy salesman to talk bad about their newest EV. They won’t bite the hands that feed them

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    19 year olds winning majors.............The screen has turned competition fishing into a VIDEO GAME.
    Willing to bet that 19yr old would whoop you on any lake of your choosing with or without FFS.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Tbh if you are sponsored by humminbird and Garmin (both anglers are sponsored by those) they have an obligation to not say anything bad about it in public unless they want that money yanked away from them. They may truly feel like that, but it’s like waiting for a Chevy salesman to talk bad about their newest EV. They won’t bite the hands that feed them
    I didn't get that impression at all. I mean Gussy could have more room to complain, he has the humminbird deal so he is well behind the learning curve and is stuck using a worse product than most of the field. Not only that, somehow him and Palanuik are stuck running mega live while rookies came in with humminbird sponsorships and get to run livescope.

They basically mentioned that they are pros, and part of the job is learning and adapting to new technology. Its been part of the fishing game for a long, long time.

Mercer had funny comments about how all offseason it was "Look at my boat!" "Check out the new FFS bait" and two weeks and two missed checks later FFS is the devil
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I didn't get that impression at all. I mean Gussy could have more room to complain, he has the humminbird deal so he is well behind the learning curve and is stuck using a worse product than most of the field. Not only that, somehow him and Palanuik are stuck running mega live while rookies came in with humminbird sponsorships and get to run livescope.

They basically mentioned that they are pros, and part of the job is learning and adapting to new technology. Its been part of the fishing game for a long, long time.

Mercer had funny comments about how all offseason it was "Look at my boat!" "Check out the new FFS bait" and two weeks and two missed checks later FFS is the devil
    Maybe so. I’ll never not be skeptical of someone on the payroll of a company singing their praises tho. Heck if they were feeding my families I would clam up or defend them myself regardless. With the guys complaining, it probably comes down to the sponsorships they are getting ain’t cutting it when the checks don’t roll in as well

Btw, everyone says they have to adapt until the adapting starts to adversely effect them

11. Member

Spoken like a true old geezer, the old guys are getting spanked and have been for years on the pro circuit. How many guys over 40 have won in the last 5 years? Maybe 2.

Imagine what they said when Bryan Kershal won a Classic with a whistle...........

13. Member
    Spoken like a true old geezer, the old guys are getting spanked and have been for years on the pro circuit. How many guys over 40 have won in the last 5 years? Maybe 2.
    Can you name the last 5 Bassmaster Classic champions and their age?

Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Willing to bet that 19yr old would whoop you on any lake of your choosing with or without FFS.
    Pretty bold words. I'll take that bet for him to come down here and we both turn our FFS off.

Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Billnorman1 is 81 years old.

I’m guessing he’s not impressed by who can whoop who anymore. I know I’m not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Can you name the last 5 Bassmaster Classic champions and their age?
    I did chuckle when I read that. 4 outta the last 5 classic winners were in their 40s (possibly 50s?) and Ott Defoe was around 35/36 as the youngest in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Billnorman1 is 81 years old.

I’m guessing he’s not impressed by who can whoop who anymore. I know I’m not.
    Hey Musky!!
    “My dad could beat up your dad…”

18. Member
    LOL.. probably should check your facts before spouting crap. Not even remotely accurate. As poster above alluded.. there's been 4 or the last 5 classic winners over 40. I'd bet over last 5 years more than 50% of Elite series winners have been above 40.

19. Member
    The worst guy in the Elites could spank you on your best day and them on their worst day

And I've got $20 on Billnorman1!!!
    Hi Mike.

20. Member
    My God. Don’t want to compete. Who gives a rat ass. Then don’t. Babies

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast