Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Its just not Fair! You should go to spite them!

Oh, I would but I have a pedicure appointment on the Friday and there's no way I can or will cancel.........

My main concern is how will ffs effect fish populations and quality of catchable fish in the years to come.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

I've got to agree with Randy , the guys are not experts on FFS are domed in the pro ranks . It could reverberate down to club level events and discourage a large percent of guys from even trying to compete in the future and they are the bread and butter of the fishing equipment business/sales not the 19 year old I saw at Fork who will end up with neck issues HAHA , so if you have your hand in the fishing business cookie jar be careful what you wish for .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Oh, I would but I have a pedicure appointment on the Friday and there's no way I can or will cancel.........
    Toenails are important these days
    Hi Mike.

Try explaining not fishing the Classic to your sponsors
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

6. Member
    I really don’t get it. Why are we drawing a line now? Cause people are mad they can’t figure it out like others? I’ve seen some pro’s make snide comments about “scoping” yet these same pros have a FFS setup on their boats.

Can someone explain to me why it’s an issue now? Honestly. What is the argument. How many years has it been out? I guarantee if the pros complaining put time in to learn it like others and just won a couple blue trophies they wouldn’t have a single issue with it putting money in the bank.

7. Member
    This is just the drama BASS and MLF love.

8. Member
    Anyone who steps aside and doesn’t fish the Classic just needs to step away and find another career.

And if true, it’s beyond ridiculous if some of them think they should be entitled to get the $10,000 check just to show up and socialize.

None of this should’ve been a surprise to any of them, it was obvious it was coming. They could’ve spent the offseason working with it, instead many of them chose to sit in a deer stand.

Now they want to complain that using FFS isn’t “real fishing”, want to compare themselves and Lulu to an old couple crappie fishing in a johnboat, and wistfully mention not seeing the Texas flag in the wind if they were staring at a screen.

Bottom line, a lot of them are unhappy that 19 year olds are taking their lunch money. It’s only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Try explaining not fishing the Classic to your sponsors
    If enough anglers possied up “ strike “ I think enough heads would turn and might cause a big enough stink in the air over ffs that something would have to be done. If those sponsors are ffs manufactures then not good for strikers but if sponsors like bait/tackle companies are not looking good because their anglers are not performing well in the Classic then maybe the sponsors would jump on the strike bandwagon.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

10. #FRB
    I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. The guys who are stubborn and refuse to adapt need to start their own trail where they have one graph up front, one at the console, NO FFS and while they're at it no power poles or spot lock trolling motor. Call it the "back in my day" tour.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1C View Post
    I really don’t get it. Why are we drawing a line now? Cause people are mad they can’t figure it out like others? I’ve seen some pro’s make snide comments about “scoping” yet these same pros have a FFS setup on their boats.

Can someone explain to me why it’s an issue now? Honestly. What is the argument. How many years has it been out? I guarantee if the pros complaining put time in to learn it like others and just won a couple blue trophies they wouldn’t have a single issue with it putting money in the bank.
    Just call it the Randy syndrome. It’s only hurtful to those that their eyes glaze over trying to turn on a Kindle. They’re stuck in the 70’s
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

12. Member
    I'm not going to fish the Classic this year and FFS is not the reason. The reason is because they actually expect me to qualify. Same damn reason since they started the Classics. But if I ever had a chance to fish one there would be nothing that would stop me from fishing the greatest most prostegious tournament in all of fishing. I would be honored to have the opportunity.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I'm not going to fish the Classic this year and FFS is not the reason. The reason is because they actually expect me to qualify. Same damn reason since they started the Classics.
    That's total BS!!!! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!
    Hi Mike.

14. Member
    I thought NFL and NBA players were the biggest crybabies but my gosh some of these pro anglers are even worse.
    Pampers and kleenex should look into sponsoring some of these boys.
    Take away ffs and 300+ days on the water per year guys will still beat the hasn't made a cast since last September bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    A part of me feels like if they boycott fishing the Classic then they should immediately lose Elite qualification status.
    A part of me respects people who will make a stand for themselves as well but its hard for me to 100% agree with them on this one.

I do feel like the constant drama over FFS is gonna end up hurdling towards a resolution that is not gonna please people on either side of the debate.
    As much as you say it's just another tool, which I don't disagree with, do you see the need for governing organizations to adapt some measures to assure uniformity ? I'm asking from the perspective of a tournament outsider who sees the current form of it as like an ice hockey game where some guys are suited for battle while some are taking the ice geared up for the Ice Capades ...
    Ranting incoherently

Catching them only one way with one kind of bait could end up hurting many in the business. If sponsors pull out or spend less, fishermen make less and the whole financial system gets reset.

On the flip side, this was all a house of cards at the beginning anyway to get us to buy boats. Not exactly talking about a foundation of society.

There’s not enough popcorn in the world to keep me sated while reading this thread

18. Member
    Ice Capades
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by novakevlar View Post
    Catching them only one way with one kind of bait could end up hurting many in the business. If sponsors pull out or spend less, fishermen make less and the whole financial system gets reset.

On the flip side, this was all a house of cards at the beginning anyway to get us to buy boats. Not exactly talking about a foundation of society.
    That’s a good point. It’s a marketing tool more than a sport. Would be ironic if marketing is what killed it

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    As much as you say it's just another tool, which I don't disagree with, do you see the need for governing organizations to adapt some measures to assure uniformity ? I'm asking from the perspective of a tournament outsider who sees the current form of it as like an ice hockey game where some guys are suited for battle while some are taking the ice geared up for the Ice Capades ...
    They're all suited up for battle, every damn one of them have it on their boats. Some simply don't want to fish with it, period, so they bitch and moan about it hoping someone will feel bad for them and change the game in their favor. They're no different than my 3 year old daughter when she looses at candy land, time to change the rules daddy.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast