Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool "Here we go again"

As a fellow Triton owner to other Triton owners, do yall think WRM will kill off the brand in the near future? I know there is no way to know but, im curious to see yalls thoughts.

They dont have hardly any pro staff left, and you dont see their name on any banners at MLF or Bassmaster events, or maybe I just didnt see it.

I was thinking that the dealers around me who sold Triton were selling them good bc I see alot of Tritons on my local body of water. When I went and looked they had more 2023s then they did 24s.

The other dealer didnt sell Trition anymore they turned to Skeeter.

As far as apparel, they use to have have some good stuff, now they hardly have anything.

To me, it seems, WRM is kind of putting Triton on its back burner and leaning more on Nitro and Ranger.

Again, Im not starting the 10 + year old rumor again, just a simple question from one Triton onwer to others.
    Last edited by Tim W; 03-19-2024 at 11:35 AM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. Member
    The fact that zero elites have a triton is also a sign of whats to come i think.

3. Member
    I have thought it was coming for years, yet they continue on. It seems that the new 20XP is selling better than the XrT or TRX has in recent memory. The owners I have met are also thrilled with the 20XP. Hard to say, seems to be very misguided as a company. If they did not release the 20XP or 21XP I would say they are done for sure, but they continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmeyer View Post
    I have thought it was coming for years, yet they continue on. It seems that the new 20XP is selling better than the XrT or TRX has in recent memory. The owners I have met are also thrilled with the 20XP. Hard to say, seems to be very misguided as a company. If they did not release the 20XP or 21XP I would say they are done for sure, but they continue on.
    I agree. The company does seem misguided. The 20xp "could" be their last effort.

I dont remember how quickly Legend was nixed after the release of the V20 or what ever their last release was.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    Weidas is a triton dealer but hardly stocks any or sells any. Dixie Marine is a triton dealer and they stock one or two or three at best

but they did just come out with the 20 XP and the 21 XP, which both seem to be very nice Boats and priced to sell. Dixie Marine had a 19 on the floor reasonably loaded for a very good price compared to what I paid for my Ranger 19 footer although the Ranger is quite a bit fancier overall the triton had everything a guy would need to be competitive in tournaments for 10-14 grand less and two years newer
    Last edited by mactlman; 03-19-2024 at 05:45 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Dustin Connell was in a XP last weekend.

7. Member
    Best boats White River sells now, I would hate to see them go. They need to offer them with Yamahas again.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    Dustin Connell was in a XP last weekend.
    The new 21xp!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

Our local Triton dealer, The Boat Doc, has 3 Tritons vs 14 Rangers on hand per their website. Various models, but where we are at, bassboats are a small market. Keep in mind they have only sold Ranger for maybe 3 years.

I don't see them completely ditching the brand short term, but rather cutting a lot of boats out of the lineup in a short period of time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 179, 20, and 21 TRX boats discontinued for the 2025 model year.

Edit: I see they closed the midway plant last fall and moved production to the expanded Ranger plant in Flippin. They are 100% going to axe the brand. My guess is they are going to rebrand the new XP hulls into Ranger hulls in the next couple of years.

10. Member
    The new XP’s are the best hulls on the market right now. Caymas and Phoenix took a lot of share from triton. The Caymas energy is fizzling out and Phoenix boats designs are looking pretty stale. With better management Triton could do well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    Our local Triton dealer, The Boat Doc, has 3 Tritons vs 14 Rangers on hand per their website. Various models, but where we are at, bassboats are a small market. Keep in mind they have only sold Ranger for maybe 3 years.

I don't see them completely ditching the brand short term, but rather cutting a lot of boats out of the lineup in a short period of time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 179, 20, and 21 TRX boats discontinued for the 2025 model year.

Edit: I see they closed the midway plant last fall and moved production to the expanded Ranger plant in Flippin. They are 100% going to axe the brand. My guess is they are going to rebrand the new XP hulls into Ranger hulls in the next couple of years.
    They have been produced in Flippin before.

My current Triton was made in Flippin

13. Member
    As long as they’re selling and profitable, I can’t see them going away

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    As long as they’re selling and profitable, I can’t see them going away
    Thats the thing, Im not sure they are selling. In my area it seems most NEW boats are 1. Nitro 2. Skeeter 3 Phoenix (Skeeter and Phoenix may be a close # 2) and Bass Cat. Im seeing more and more cats in my area. A few years ago, all the empty trailers in the parking lot were the usual, ranger, Skeeter, Nito and Trition.

Now its, Nitro, skeeter, Phoenix and Bass Cat.

Its been a while since iv seen a new Ranger and Triton. Theres only 1 Triton dealer and they have more 23s on their showroom than 24s.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Thats the thing, Im not sure they are selling. In my area it seems most NEW boats are 1. Nitro 2. Skeeter 3 Phoenix (Skeeter and Phoenix may be a close # 2) and Bass Cat. Im seeing more and more cats in my area. A few years ago, all the empty trailers in the parking lot were the usual, ranger, Skeeter, Nito and Trition.

Now its, Nitro, skeeter, Phoenix and Bass Cat.

Its been a while since iv seen a new Ranger and Triton. Theres only 1 Triton dealer and they have more 23s on their showroom than 24s.

I still see a lot of Tritons around here, but definitely not as many as I used to

16. Member
    WRM and JM forced some dealers to move away from selling Tritons and Rangers. They made the demand on dealers that they would sell only WRM products exclusively. My dealer no longer sells Triton or Ranger. He can service my engine but can't service the boat. I see WRM with a full plate when it comes to product lines. Personally I see the Triton line going away and WRM making that up with Camas and Nitro sells.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    WRM and JM forced some dealers to move away from selling Tritons and Rangers. They made the demand on dealers that they would sell only WRM products exclusively. My dealer no longer sells Triton or Ranger. He can service my engine but can't service the boat. I see WRM with a full plate when it comes to product lines. Personally I see the Triton line going away and WRM making that up with Camas and Nitro sells.
    White River doesn't own Caymas

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    White River doesn't own Caymas
    I stand corrected.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

19. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Triton isn't going anywhere.

With the new 20XP for 2024 model year, the newly announced 21XP, and there's more new models coming in the future. It costs millions of dollars to develop the new hulls with all of the molds and tooling required to produce them. There is no way they would dump that kind of money and resources into the brand to just shut it down.
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro's Choice Pete View Post
    Triton isn't going anywhere.

With the new 20XP for 2024 model year, the newly announced 21XP, and there's more new models coming in the future. It costs millions of dollars to develop the new hulls with all of the molds and tooling required to produce them. There is no way they would dump that kind of money and resources into the brand to just shut it down.
    and the new xp models are a great balance between cost and equipment it seems
    MAGA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast