Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

humminbird repair

2 years ago my left side quit working on my helix 12 g2n. went through all of their trouble shooting including trying a working transducer. and the left side still wasn't working at all. humminbird said it was in the unit and had me send it in for repair. well ups loses it for over a month and half! total cluster and I was dumb not to insure it. well I finally got it back from ups at end of the season. plus I bought a g4n. so decided not to mess with it until I ended up getting 360 last year so now I have a transducer. I didn't think it was worth it if I had to buy a new transducer.

so today I was on the phone with humminbird cause I want to repair it. the lady kept saying stuff like it's non refundable and likely it's not the unit cause it should be a transducer. the guys at humminbird 2 years ago said its the unit and something failed inside it. it's even making a clicking sound when its on. I'm crossing my fingers i get a g4n back but that's not my luck!

so have you guys heard of the units going bad on side imaging? it's damn frustrating

Everything in electronics always breaks. Did they replace faulty unit or your refuse to repair it?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    Everything in electronics always breaks. Did they replace faulty unit or your refuse to repair it?

would of been fixed 2 years ago if ups didn't lose it. the lady I talked to acted like I was wrong and nothing was wrong with my unit. basically saying I'd ve wasting 400 bucks if nothing was wrong with it. for peace of mind I called again this morning and was able to talk to someone else more experienced. didn't take him long to find all the notes from July and and August of 22. I even said to the woman last night there has to be notes and she claimed there wasn't and their system updated since then. she wanted to do the troubleshooting and I told her it wasn't needed cause it's all been done. then she said they have advanced big time since 2 years ago. It may have but that won't magically fix something that's actually broken. so after talking to someone else this morning I feel alot better

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Glad you called back. Not all customer service reps are equal.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by bassin74 View Post
    would of been fixed 2 years ago if ups didn't lose it. the lady I talked to acted like I was wrong and nothing was wrong with my unit. basically saying I'd ve wasting 400 bucks if nothing was wrong with it. for peace of mind I called again this morning and was able to talk to someone else more experienced. didn't take him long to find all the notes from July and and August of 22. I even said to the woman last night there has to be notes and she claimed there wasn't and their system updated since then. she wanted to do the troubleshooting and I told her it wasn't needed cause it's all been done. then she said they have advanced big time since 2 years ago. It may have but that won't magically fix something that's actually broken. so after talking to someone else this morning I feel alot better
    If I understand correctly, you refused to repair it after all.

6. Member
    If I understand correctly, you refused to repair it after all.

no I never refused to repair it. when I finally got it back from ups it was end of the season. I bought a g4n while it was lost. It wasn't till I got a 360 late summer last year that I wanted to do it. cause I can use that transducer from the g4n

no I never refused to repair it. when I finally got it back from ups it was end of the season. I bought a g4n while it was lost. It wasn't till I got a 360 late summer last year that I wanted to do it. cause I can use that transducer from the g4n
    courier company lost your repaired Helix G4N?

8. Member
    courier company lost your repaired Helix G4N?

no! ups lost the g2n I was trying to get fixed. it was lost for about 2 months. In that time I bought a g4n. eventually I got the g2n back from ups and that's what I sent in. it's not that hard to understand!

9. Member
    no! ups lost the g2n I was trying to get fixed. it was lost for about 2 months. In that time I bought a g4n. eventually I got the g2n back from ups and that's what I sent in. it's not that hard to understand!

Its very hard to follow your post bud.

But to answer your only question posted no I havent had a display go bad on only half of side imaging. That would be the transducer, cable or plug/pin.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    Its very hard to follow your post bud.

But to answer your only question posted no I havent had a display go bad on only half of side imaging. That would be the transducer, cable or plug/pin.
    that's not true! plenty of g2n side imaging on the head unit has quit working. it's already been verified by a perfectly working transducer and the right side still was black and there zero obstructions to block it. Even humminbird said with knowing that it's the head unit. plenty of posts on this site and other sites where people had that same issue and ended up being the head unit.

11. Member
    that's not true! plenty of g2n side imaging on the head unit has quit working. it's already been verified by a perfectly working transducer and the right side still was black and there zero obstructions to block it. Even humminbird said with knowing that it's the head unit. plenty of posts on this site and other sites where people had that same issue and ended up being the head unit.

Wow man I think you've got a real comprehension problem, not to mention communication.

I answered your question.

"I" meaning me myself haven't had a "display" go bad on only half of side imaging. I did tell you what has caused me to lose half of side on two different units.

It doesn't matter anyways whats wrong with it, you simply pay a flat fee and since they don't have g2 units they'll be sending you a g3 or g4 back.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    Wow man I think you've got a real comprehension problem, not to mention communication.

I answered your question.

"I" meaning me myself haven't had a "display" go bad on only half of side imaging. I did tell you what has caused me to lose half of side on two different units.

It doesn't matter anyways whats wrong with it, you simply pay a flat fee and since they don't have g2 units they'll be sending you a g3 or g4 back.
    hey I apologize, I was finishing up work and read it to fast. I hope you are right about getting a new unit!

13. Member
    Bassin74 how long did they say it would take to get yours back?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    Bassin74 how long did they say it would take to get yours back?
    they said it's a 3-5 day turn around once they receive it.

But the factory doesn’t want to return the repairs you paid for? I hope everything works out for you

16. Member
    humminbird was able to repair my helix 12 msi. they never said what was wrong but I'm happy I have a working unit! now I just need to finish my install and go fishing! it has a 90 day warranty.

humminbird was able to repair my helix 12 msi. they never said what was wrong but I'm happy I have a working unit! now I just need to finish my install and go fishing! it has a 90 day warranty.
    I doubt that this was a repair of your 2 generation unit. More likely it was just a replacement for the 4 generation, but in any case, congratulations on solving the problem.

18. Member
    I doubt that this was a repair of your 2 generation unit. More likely it was just a replacement for the 4 generation, but in any case, congratulations on solving the problem.
    what the hell is your deal? I got the same g2n back cause they were able to repair it! I never sent them a g4n. I bought a g4n when ups lost my g2n!

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    what the hell is your deal? I got the same g2n back cause they were able to repair it! I never sent them a g4n. I bought a g4n when ups lost my g2n!
    Calm down... In many cases, an older generation return is replaced with a current generation device, rather than being repaired. Yours must have been something repairable.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

20. Member
    Bassin 74. There are no HB reps responding to you on this forum. Many knowledgeable users here. Not all information is correct. Sometimes things are misunderstood. Most are well intended. You got your unit fixed. Some people don’t realize HB actually repairs units whenever possible. I think the replacement with new units was only because the lack of electronic parts due to the Covid years. I would guess that was only a temporary situation. The fact that HB still repairs units that are several generations old is unique in the industry. The rest offer you a discount of 10% or so if you buy a new one after the warranty period is over. HB may have to go that way eventually, but still are managing to do it. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast