Skeeter fx20 - blackbox

Morning ,

just purchased a garmin w/ livescope and seaclear harness .. any tips or do’s / don’t with where to mount the blackbox or how to Mount the blackbox ? Also are guys mounting the blackbox to something then the boat or
    just mounting the box to the carpet walls in rod locker ?
    thanks

2. Member
    I have a ZXR boat but I mounted the black box in the front of the starboard rod locker on the wall that is shared with the center tackle storage. I chose this location to avoid purchasing any additional extension cables. I used pretty short screws and had to be careful not to go all the way through the wall to the tackle storage which may or may not be an issue on your boat.

3. Member
    A guy told me the other day to use heavy duty velcro from Lowes and velcro the black box as far up as you can on the drivers side rod box. I did it this past weekend, fished a tournament and it is still holding strong... Give it a try, velcro costs 5 bucks, if it doesnt work, then put holes in the boat but the velcro is a good idea and prevents you from putting holes in the boat..... I never would have through about it until the other day when I talked to the man. Good idea, hope it holds.