S3100 module with HDS Carbon

I just installed the S3100 module with the AI HD 3-n-1 transducer. I have an HDI skimmer 5 pin transducer glued into the bottom of the boat I thought would plug into the module also but I don’t know what I was thinking. I haven’t had it on the water yet, but I was wondering if I need something plugged into the other transducer port, or is this going to work with just the HD 3-n-1?

2. Member
    The S3100 has 2 channel sonar ports you can plug the HDI into the blue connector which is a 9 pin connector and Lowrance makes an adaptor for 7 pin transducers to 9 pin connections. you say it 5 pins but the connector has 7 pins or holes so that is what its called. Your black connector is where the 3-1 connects to then to your ethernet. If you have a NEP 2 ethernet hub or maybe a 3D best to connect to that so all your units can access those transducers. Not sure why you have a HDI shoot thru hull when you can only shoot thru with Sonar not Down Scan. To ea there own. Good Luck

3. Member
    In addition to what Basshopper said, choose PD-WBL as transducer and not HDI or you will get trouble with your sources for structurescan.

4. Member
    The boat came with the skimmer glued into the bottom of the boat. I didn’t even know it was there until I changed my Garmin units to Lowrance. I think they put it there just to have 2D while on plane. Nevertheless, I was going to plug it into the box but the connector won’t fit. It has a different key hole than the S3100. But I bought the adapter cable and can see that it will work for me.