Headed to lake marion

MY friend is moving to SC in November. He is feet away from lake marion. Any ideas on how a couple of yankees could catch some monster largemouth would be appreciated

2. Member
    There is a member here that guides there. I can't recall his handle right now but I bet somebody knows. I'd hire him, that lake is no fun to run.

3. Member
    Inky.!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Inky.!!
    Thanks, yep Inky Davis and he goes by santee bass here on BBC.

5. Member
    The guy that just won the open is a guide there

6. Member
    The first thing I would do is learn where you can run and where you cannot. Usually, year-round you can find fish shallow just about anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 19x2 View Post
    The first thing I would do is learn where you can run and where you cannot. Usually, year-round you can find fish shallow just about anywhere.
    No the first thing he should do is check to make sure is insurance is up to date and will cover a new lower unit.
    USMC Vet!

8. Member
    Very open question. Depends upon what time of year. Right now you have fish in pre-spawn, spawn, and post spawn. Santee is all about being in the right place at the right time. You can fish the same cypress trees twice and not get a bite. Come back a third time later in the day and you catch them on every tree. I just fished there Friday and Saturday. Friday was amazing with my best 5 at 28 pounds anchored by a 10.1 lb bass. Saturday caught a lot less fish and size was smaller with biggest only 3.9
    IMG_2269.jpeg

9. Member
    Throw a drop shot or weightless Senko around trees all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 19x2 View Post

THIS^^^. Santee is the most treacherous lake to run that I have ever fished, especially Lake Marion. Marion has stumps, deadheads, and timber broken off just below the surface. Moultrie has lots of stumps, as well as shallow humps out in the middle of nowhere, and if the water is down, a couple very old brick locks that were part of a system that carried cotton on small barges from plantations out to the river come into play.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments