Megalive Targetlock help

Hi guys.

ok my targetlock/megalive is now on a dedicated home run lithium battery from ionic.

when I am sitting still with my ultrex not running my pic is crystal clear. I can see structure and fish moving in and out all around perfect. The second I hit the pedal for trolling motor even at 1 I get a full screen of interference in that halo round lines on the whole pic. I take my foot off crystal clear instantly.

can you guys help me trouble shoot. Only thing on that battery is this setup. My graphs are still on my crank as far as I know when they did install.

there is a kill button up front for megalive target lock also. There is also a dial to turn it on and off by battery with a breaker. So double kill. Just how they did it.

this season I have to learn this think. Last season we were so busy fishing shallow places we know I barely used it but it’s deeper cold water fishing right now and I want to dial this thing in.

thanks.
    jim

What software does the display and MEGA LIVE have?

Post picture or screen shot of the "interference".
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Hi Wayne. Hummingbird has me up to current on everything. Helix’s ultrex target lock and mega live. We did them over the phone on Thursday night.

I didn’t take any pics of it. It looks like a sun burst. The whole screen when trolling motor is on. Like I said when off crystal clear.

Read this thread:

Mega Live transducer defect revealed? (bbcboards.net)

If the interference looks like this, it is that:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    You have the symptoms of an older Mega Live transducer that needs to be replaced. HB has been replacing them as required free of charge but you will probably need to contact them again and send them a video. I suspect you don't even need to hit the power button on the Ultrex - just moving the pedal will exhibit the same symptoms.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    delete post

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Read this thread:

Mega Live transducer defect revealed? (bbcboards.net)

If the interference looks like this, it is that:

very very similar

8. Member
    I just read that thread. So I have an RFI issue being it is only present when the trolling motor is running? I'll call them Monday. I won't be able to get on the water this upcoming week most likely cause I'm going away. I'll have to wait till I get home.

If I have target lock can I get my unit off pretty easy if I get it replaced if that is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    I just read that thread. So I have an RFI issue being it is only present when the trolling motor is running? I'll call them Monday. I won't be able to get on the water this upcoming week most likely cause I'm going away. I'll have to wait till I get home.

If I have target lock can I get my unit off pretty easy if I get it replaced if that is the issue?
    Yes, disconnect the cables from the Target Lock, remove the Heading Sensor, unbolt the LIVE from the Landscape ratchet and pull the cables out.

You need to provide three things for them to evaluate it as a warranty:
    A screen shot of the display model that shows the serial number and software version==SYSTEM STATUS
    A screen shot of the page with the LIVE shown that has the serial number and software version==ACCESSORY TEST.
    A picture or video of the interference.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    ok cool thanks Wayne. question if I do the wet towel thing on the unit can I reproduce it being off the water or do I have to wait till I get out again? stupid question but then I can get it going while I'm away.

11. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    ok cool thanks Wayne. question if I do the wet towel thing on the unit can I reproduce it being off the water or do I have to wait till I get out again? stupid question but then I can get it going while I'm away.
    I'm not Wayne but I couldn't reproduce it with the wet towel. I had to go out on the water. But I would certainly try the wet towel first.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I'm not Wayne but I couldn't reproduce it with the wet towel. I had to go out on the water. But I would certainly try the wet towel first.
    cool man thanks alot. . . stretch here. . . hear me out. . . big ol' bucket of water? Listen I'm 60 mins from my closest place to launch. lol and I got kids with practices all day today with a wife working. . . I'm trying to make it happen here.

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    cool man thanks alot. . . stretch here. . . hear me out. . . big ol' bucket of water? Listen I'm 60 mins from my closest place to launch. lol and I got kids with practices all day today with a wife working. . . I'm trying to make it happen here.
    I would have tried the big ol' bucket if I had one big enough that I could entirely submerge the TM head and ML xducer.

14. Member
    Big ol’ bucket of water. Negative. Guess I’m driving to a lake. Dumping in. Taking a video and some pics. I’ll call them in morning to see what they say.

15. Member
    My megalive is being swapped out. Pulling it from the boat tonight. Hopefully I have the new one back after I get back from vacation. I really hope this is it and I can finally enjoy this thing. If I didn’t have the motor issue the unit was finally running wonderful like I said. Best the picture has ever been after an update.

16. Member
    I got my new unit back while I was away. Got it back installed. Everything booted up properly. It came with 1.300 installed on it already so that was nice. So I'm good to go once the rain stops if it ever does. As soon as I get a 3 hour window I am dumping the boat on somewhere just to make sure it is working. If it's too windy I'll just come back home but at least I will know if I am now good to go.

Thanks alot everyone for all the help. I appreciate it so much. I just hope it's good to go so I can finally enjoy this thing. Like I said when the motor wasn't running the pic was the best it ever was since I got it. I'm pretty excited for this season.